• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.22-250 AR-10

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I am looking to build another upper for my AR-10 and want it in .22-250 if possible for varmint and hog hunting. Does anyone know of a company that makes barrels and/or uppers for a build like this? I want a 20-22" stainless steel barrel with adjustable gas block and lightweight mlok freefloat handguard.

Just keep in mind the amount of case taper the 22-250 has and potential feeding issues it may cause in a magizine if your loading more than a handfull of rounds.

Just keep in mind the amount of case taper the 22-250 has and potential feeding issues it may cause in a magizine if your loading more than a handfull of rounds.

I figure I am limited to no more than 5 rounds in the mag. My AICS mags are that way. I have never really heard a lot of good things about Olympic Arms but I will take a look.

Reactions: Niles Coyote
Oly arms are ok. I’ve got two of there ar15s and they do what I ask of them every time! I also believe xcaliber makes barrels for them.

Olympic Arms is NOT out of business. And xcaliber DOES NOT makes barrels for them. Olympic may make barrels for xcaliber, as they make barrels and other parts for several other companies.

Did you see the date on that article? January 26, 2017. They had talked of closing, selling and staying where they are, or selling and moving. After some restructuring of the business, they are still open. I have some friends that work there and some that did work there, one being head of marketing.

From their web page... http://www.olyarms.com/

Press Release 7-28-2017
Thank you all for your years of patronage, and for continuing your interest with Olympic Arms. As time moves forward, we’d like to update our customers and followers with the latest information regarding the changes here at Olympic Arms.
First of all, we’d like to apologize for any confusion that currently may exist. Circumstances since our original announcement made January 2017 have changed, and remain fluid. During this period of change, we’d like to assure you that Olympic Arms remains open and active, and that you may continue to purchase with confidence.
Current market trends are forcing a restructuring of operations and an inevitable downsizing. However, at this time our full intent is to continue uninterrupted operations and pursue a variety of options that allow us to move forward continuing our innovation in the AR15 industry, and the possible expansion into other arenas within the industry. No paths are off-limits to our consideration.
You may have heard or understood that Olympic Arms is in the process of entertaining offers for the sale or restructuring of the company. This too is accurate. Some offers being considered include the complete transfer of ownership of Olympic Arms, while others may include a reorganization and moving forward with the same or similar management. At this time, we are not certain which outcome will prevail, so we continue to move forward with the utmost optimism.
It is probable that whatever solution is found, Olympic Arms will relocate within the next calendar year. This relocation will likely be a local move, but if the company is sold as entire entity, this decision will be made at that time, and every effort will be made to offer continued service to our entire customer base.
Thank you again for all your kind words, emails and phone calls of support during this challenging time. We will do our best to keep you posted as things progress.

Olympic Arms is out of business. I’d get a .224 Valkyrie or a .204 Ruger AR if I were you.

Quite frankly, I have just been kicking this idea around myself, .22-250. If a 90 SMK @ 2700 is appealing, imagine a 95 SMK w/ .600 BC doing 2850 or so. It would probably work better in a gasser to just go .22-243 and hold more in a magazine. Where's my R&D lottery money when I need it?

Reactions: dang472
4E636D45-DCC4-4D6D-9F2F-819EB2AA8E46.png

Reactions: Maelstrom
I found another manufacture that makes them they have to models APF field 20 inch barrel and FDE with 24 in barrel 22-250