• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 22-250 in a AI mag?

Two separate types of AI mags you're talking about there. One is a .308 based one, the other a .223 one. Never run 22-250 through one, so can't help there. Been using the .223 ones for my .20 Tactical and it works fine.

I had to modify a 10 round AICS to make 22-250 work, and I can only reliably run 9 rounds in it. Had to cut the rear portion of the follower a little deeper. In a unmodified mag once you get the mag full the rounds are pointing down too much and they run into the feed ramp. 5 round mags work fine unaltered. Im told that Alpha makes something that works pretty well with 22-250, not sure if its anything different than their 308 mag, or if it just happens to work better.

I've been messing around with some dies and some 22-250 brass, half assed trying to duplicate the case capacity of the 22br with a little bit longer case. Long story short, even with the shoulder set back an additional .200", 22-250 brass feeds just fine from the 5 round AI mags.