• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 22-250 Mag Feeding?

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
I need some input from people with experience! I am considering a 22-250 on a custom action in a Manners TF3 stock. I wanted to run this as a repeater with AW mags. Has anyone built something similar to this? Will the caliber feed reliably from the mags or is the shoulder just to steep? I appreciate any help.

laugh.gif

Re: 22-250 Mag Feeding?

I just did multiple test feedings and all work flawlessly. These were on 22-250 dummies with short varmint bullets as well as longer 80 gr SMK's. AI and AW fed as advertised.

Mark

That's good news! Still am welcoming any other experiences just to have peace of mind
laugh.gif

Mine feeds flawlessly out of AICS mags, But mine is a 22-250 Ackley.

I have been running 22-250 in AICS mags for a while now. In a 10rnd mag, 10rnds don't do so well because of the case taper and the front of the bullets start to criss-cross 7rnds works perfectly.

in a 5rnd mag no issues.

I run 80gr amax; pimp titties
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been running 22-250 in AICS mags for a while now. In a 10rnd mag, 10rnds don't do so well because of the case taper and the front of the bullets start to criss-cross 7rnds works perfectly.

in a 5rnd mag no issues.

I run 80gr amax; pimp titties
smile.gif
</div></div>

Agreed, most I can get to feed out of the 10 rounders is 9 and sometimes the first round needs a little help. This is with 53gn Vmax.