• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

22-250 with AI mags

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
I have a Rem 700 varmint in 22-250 and was thinking of getting a chassis system for it. I'd like to use AI mags due to their quality. Do 22-250's feed or even work with AI mags?

Works ok out of a 10 rounder too? Always wondered if the body taper would be too much for that many stacked up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How do they feed with a small 55gr V-max?

Thinking about getting a KRG Whiskey 3 or their new chassis.

How do they feed with a small 55gr V-max?

Thinking about getting a KRG Whiskey 3 or their new chassis.

Not bad (55 grain sierra blitzkings for me when im shooting little bullets in the 22-250) if you hesitate rights at the time when it pops out of the feed lips it will not feed right, it has only done it to me a few times. My factory savage mags the feed lips were like 1/4" longer than the 308 mags.

I've got a 6mm-250. It feeds fine from the AICS mags so I think the 22-250 would also. The biggest pain is getting them into the magazine, short and kinda stubby with a lot of taper. You get the first one in and it set so far back that it's tough to push it down with the next one. A lot more work than loading a .308 based case. I end up stuffing the base down with one finger, really deep, to get the nose to go down with the base of the next cartridge. Then the feed lips bite. It's a pain and NOT something you want to do on the clock or under stress.

But you need one.

I have a Remington 700 in 22-250rem bolted in an Accuracy International AX chassie. The rounds feed fine from the 5 round magazine. If I load more than 7 in the 10 round magazine, they wont feed properly.

They work perfectly out of the 5 round mags but because of the taper you can't load more than 6 or 7 in a 10 round mag and get them to feed. If you load more the nose tips down and won't feed or chamber. This has been my experience shooting my Rem 700 .22-250 in a Manners T4-A w/Mini Chassis.