• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22/45 MKIV triggers

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I just picked up a 22/45 MKIV and currently waiting on my Pac Lite upper to ship for it. The factory trigger kinda leaves a bit to be desired and it looks like both Volquartsen and Apex make trigger kits for them. Anyone have experience with them? Any others I should consider?

I have the Volquartsen in my MkIII 22/45 and I am happy with it. Clean break around 2.5 pounds with a slight bit of take up. I would expect the trigger to be similar in the new MkIV.

I have a 22/45 light and have no complaints with the trigger.
    The trigger actually feels a bit lighter than the one in my stainless gold match II.
    There might just be a little burr or need a bit of breaking in.

I think with the triggers on the 22/45’s It's kind of the luck of the draw. I shot a friends before I bought mine. The trigger was so heavy I had to check and make sure the gun wasn’t on safe. It was horrible. When I bought mine I did it knowing I would have to change out the trigger right away. Oddly enough though when I got mine the trigger was pretty nice. Not fantastic, but not horrible by any means. I may still

I have a 22/45 MKIV with Volquartsen upper. I've had majestic Arms, Gold standard and Volquartsen. Volquartsen for ease of installation and adjust ability. I had a Apex on a 9 shield, broke clean nice trigger for that application.
    No experience with APex on a 22/45 MKIV though.

Get the Volquartsen kit that includes the transfer bar, then get a Tandemkross flat-face trigger. Also be a good time to do the Volquartsen extended mag release (which they claim to improve feeding by slightly raising the magazine, will make seating the mag a bit more difficult though). The Volquartsen kit should end up with a 2.25 to 2.5 lb. pull but with a tiny bit of creep (can easily be resolved by beveling the trailing edge of the sear like on a 1911 trigger job).
    The Apex kit doesn't include a sear and only gets you to 4.5 lbs. on the 22/45.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Hunting2019
    Clark Custom also does great Ruger work. I have one of Clark’s Steel Challenge Guns.

This factory trigger is far from the worst thing I’ve ever felt, but I know it could be a lot better. I think I’m leaning the Volquartsen set but I do think the 2-2.5lbs trigger is going to be a little lighter than I’d like on a pistol. 3.5-4lbs is ideal to me.

Definitely doing an aftermarket mag release and safety at the same time. The factory safety is stiff as shit and I’d like it to stick out a little further for my thumb to ride.

Get the Volquartsen kit that includes the transfer bar, then get a Tandemkross flat-face trigger. Also be a good time to do the Volquartsen extended mag release (which they claim to improve feeding by slightly raising the magazine, will make seating the mag a bit more difficult though). The Volquartsen kit should end up with a 2.25 to 2.5 lb. pull but with a tiny bit of creep (can easily be resolved by beveling the trailing edge of the sear like on a 1911 trigger job).
    The Apex kit doesn't include a sear and only gets you to 4.5 lbs. on the 22/45.

I did the full VQ and Tandom trigger. Nice, light and feels great.