• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

22-6mm Brass, whats my best option?

EisenShift

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2020
I've got a 22-6mm that I use for benchrest competitions. I'm starting to care more and more about the upmost consistency I can get from my rifle and my reloads.

I've been using winchester brass, but as the primer pockets are loosening, it's time to retire them all and work up some new brass. I never did get really impressive consistency out of them, so I am unwilling to reinvest in more Remington brass. I see my other options for 6mm remington brass are hornady or prvi partizan. Which is considered better for my application? What do you all recommend? is there another brass manufacturer that google is hiding from me that I should consider?

Thank you all in advance-

EisenShift

Last edited:
I just found qual-cart and rcc brass. But both seem to be charing a premium price of their products. Anyone with experience to chime in if these guys are worth the 4-5$ per case they are charging?

What kind of inconsistencies are you having that are case related? I’ve used Winchester brass exclusively in mine but I’ve never gotten great sd numbers. Despite the less than stellar es and sd numbers it shoots nice little round groups with cheap Hornady 68gr bthp’s.

Poor SD and ES. I didn't have that many firings on the 200 pieces of brass I had before they started to wear out. On a good day with meticulous brass sorting I could get a 7 SD and did a 1/3 moa group at 300. But that required I load up all my brass and pick the twenty most consistent cases.

Is your case life so poor that sorting and keeping match brass separate is a hassle?

By 6mm I assume you mean the 6mm Remington, if that is the case about the best brass you can get for the 7 mm Mauser is RWS, which is the parent case for 257 Roberts which is necked up to get the 6 mm remington. The RWS is great brass hard to find but worth it when you, just neck it down in stages to 22 and then check your neck diameter after seating a bullet as you will probably need to turn the necks to reduce the thickness. Turning the neck is usually a good idea when trying to minimize shot-to-shot variance.

Reactions: EisenShift
By 6mm I assume you mean the 6mm Remington, if that is the case about the best brass you can get for the 7 mm Mauser is RWS, which is the parent case for 257 Roberts which is necked up to get the 6 mm remington. The RWS is great brass hard to find but worth it when you, just neck it down in stages to 22 and then check your neck diameter after seating a bullet as you will probably need to turn the necks to reduce the thickness. Turning the neck is usually a good idea when trying to minimize shot-to-shot variance.
Pretty sure Huntington’s usually has the 7x57

Reactions: EisenShift
Yes 6mm Remington. I knew about the parent cases but rws is new information for me, thank you! I'll check them out. My locals are recommending Hornady out of the mass production easy to find options. But I'll give rws a hard look and see what I can figure out. Unless others chime in.