• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 22" 6mm Creedmoor

cmush

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2020
Kansas
Impulse caught me and I just purchased a 22" 6 creed barrel from the Carbon Six spring sale. Plan is to replace my factory 243 Win barrel. Wondering if anyone is using this combo for hunting deer and antelope and what they are loading and what kind of velocities they are seeing.

I have a 22" 6 CM proof sendero suppressed on my TL3 action. H4350 with a 105 Berger vld is at 3075 fps. Just did load work up today with the Hornady 108 ELDM and H4350 and settled in right at 3000 fps. I plan to use it for antelope if I draw.

I also ran some 88 gr berger varmints this last winter with H4350 but can't remember the speed. They hammered coyotes!

Awesome, I went with 22" because I'll be running it suppressed as well. If I can break the 3000 fps mark I'll be happy. I may try it out with the 115s but don't expect to break 3000 with them.

Oh and if I recall correctly, @psinclair and pards killed a truckload of elk with the 6 creed and 105 hybrid one fall. I’ve got nothing like that....
I'll test it out on a mule deer ideally this fall. Bought a bow this winter for archery elk because I do some guide work so my own time to hunt elk is pretty limited come rifle season and I'm sick of hunting late November in a couple feet of snow.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
105 Hunting VLD at 3068 FPS suppressed. Only shot two deer with it but they were drt.

105 Hunting VLD at 3068 FPS suppressed. Only shot two deer with it but they were drt.
Great to hear that it isn't too difficult to get them over 3000 fps. I'll have to start getting everything together for when the barrel comes in.

Easy peasy with 105 class bullets in a 22"...….

H4350 is your friend.

FWIW 105 Hybrids are a killin' SOB.
What type of shot were you using on elk? I've heard that people like the bergers for a high shoulder but I've always just stuck my shot in behind the shoulder to avoid bloodshot.