• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 ammo drop charts / ballistic coefficient

Leatherneck105

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Anyone have good info 22 rl ammo ballistic coefficient to enter in ballistic apps. What works? How is everyone playing with the number to get out to about 300 yards? How are you adjusting the BC or the velocity? School me on how you are shooting ELR 22 lr . Inputs to kestrel or apps would be much appreciated.

I run mine on JBM Ballistics and it has the bullet I use and I just select it from the library. It has a .150 BC. I just ran my charts like I do for my centerfire rifles and have hit out to 400yards so far.

Reactions: cav1993
Dang Lloyd - I'm going to have to expand the range of ballistics apps on my phone! Been trying to get Shooter or Applied Ballistics to work - and, they're close. But maybe it's time to try JBM again - haven't used it since I bought Bryan Litz's 1st book.

Just came in from some morning 200yd shooting with the Vudoo - shot some Center-X, Rifle Match, and even tried some Fed Ultra Match that I paid $10/box for from Midway last year. Had more than a mil of left wind on, wind's getting gusty from 10:00. I'd never found a good use for that Federal, but it might - just maybe - it might work in the V22.

I experimented using published information for Eley 1,085 fps and a BC (G1) of 0.148 and the Shooter app on the iPhone and it generated drops that were dead nuts out to 200 yards.

Last edited:
The Eley 40grn Standard.

Nikon has an app called spot on. It has hundreds of 22lr ballistics charts for all loaded ammo.
rob

my CZ 452 Ultra Lux with a Palma sight zeroed at 100 yards takes 19.25 MOA for 200 yards and 41.5 MOA at 300 yards and 62 at 400 yards,,I got that by just walkin rounds on target and with the 28.5 inch bb on the UL the clix on the Palma may not hardly be exactly 1/4 MOA.

it sure is fun shooting the Mad Minute drill on an 18 inch plate at 300 yards prone with a sling,,

Nikon has an app called spot on. It has hundreds of 22lr ballistics charts for all loaded ammo.
rob

Thanks for posting this.
Just downloaded it. I was hoping that it had data for the Aguila 60 gr. SSS round.
I was pleased to find that it did.
Can’t wait to get home and see how close it is.

Bryan Litz's book...Ballistic Performance of Rifle Bullets has many of the 22 LR bullets listed. I have some other references as well. I run Eley, RWS or Prime and use Coldbore and the drop charts are spot on to 300 yards which is the furthest I have gone.

Information about .22 ammunition is sparse and/or difficult to find. I usually get a MV and then tweet the BC coefficient to match up with my verified drops at known distances, just like I would with a centerfire.

Information about .22 ammunition is sparse and/or difficult to find. I usually get a MV and then tweet the BC coefficient to match up with my verified drops at known distances, just like I would with a centerfire.

^This