• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 22 can for larger calibers

Paul.W

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
NH
After some experimenting with other suppressors for the FN five-seven pistol and the HK MP7 round. Our agency guys tested a number of suppressors which worked well but were larger and louder in comparison to the one that worked best. It actually ended up being a 22 can. Anyone here use 22 cans on larger caliber hosts. Just figured I would ask to see if anyone here has did this and if there was any probs after prolonged rates of fire. So far its taken the abuse with no probs. Thanks in advance. Everyone here is always so helpfull.

Re: 22 can for larger calibers

what do you mean by larger caliber hosts? You mean using a 22 can with something like the mp7?

If it's rated to take that kind of pressure you should be fine. But I'd double check with the maker of your 22 can. Some 22lr cans are rated to take stuff like .17 hmr and 22 mag etc. Some are not. At least you won't have to worry about the can leading up if using this other caliber
smile.gif

i want to see the video.......

me thinks the next installment of the movie "jackass" will need some footage of dumbasses blowing themselves the fuck up....

SWR Spectre would likely work.

The Spectre is a true multi caliber suppressor. Rated for full automatic 22lr or semi automatic 5.7mm, 17HMR, 22WMR. Made entirely from high strength 316 and 17-4 stainless steel alloys. The Spectre can be fully disassembled into its individual components for cleaning. The optional "pusher" tool allows the user to easily remove the baffle stack.

Yeah I can see some "paper thin walled" cheaply made 22 cans exploding. No question there. I have seen some that were very well made and engineered to take some serious pressure. Let me work on the video idea. I know someone who might be able to share some info and a video.
I will check out the Spectre can also.

The silencerco sparrow can also handle 5.7/22wmr/17hmr, ect

Does this mean a 5.7 only has the balls of a 22mag?

I can/and have done a mag dump through mine of M193 5.56mm.No problem but not enough volume for any major sound reduction.This is a fairly thick walled Ti can with a monolithic baffle.The same design in aluminum has been tested with 1100 rds of 5.56mm for durability purposes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The silencerco sparrow can also handle 5.7/22wmr/17hmr, ect </div></div>

I'm curious where you found this? I like the way the Sparrow is built. But, the website says nothing about any caliber other than .22lr?
confused.gif