• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Complete upper?

308skinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 23, 2006
    Indiana
    Were can i find one? Who makes a good one and what kind of mags they use? Like Black Dog or? What kind of groups can you figure they will get?

Re: 22 Complete upper?

I have a CMMG, I just recently got it from them directly and so far it has not been picky on ammo(which most .22s can be) it has eaten everything I have ran thru it mostly the bulk boxes from the walmart. Federal, Remington among others. Most days I lube it up at the start of the day and it runs all day..some days i run around 500rnds. I was plesantly supprised and will defenitly grab another!

best of luck

My first choice is a Nordic NC22 (mine is awesome). However, they have been out of stock for months with no foreseeable change in the near future. The DPMS and JP 22LR uppers are based off the Nordic NC22 design with Nordic manufacturing portions of the upper for both. I do not believe the DPMS website has real time inventory capabilities, FYI. MidwayUSA shows availability by 9th Jan 2013, but who knows how accurate that date is.

Accuracy wise, it's not a Win 52 or Anz, but ~1in at 50 with bulk pack is typical.

Ive got the ones at midway in my cart. Just looking for a good plinker. And hunting rig

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308skinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got the ones at midway in my cart. Just looking for a good plinker. And hunting rig </div></div>

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have seen nothing but positive reviews on them. I REALLY like my Nordic and gave serious consideration to purchasing the DPMS for a forthcoming SBR 22LR upper, but was able to procure an additional barrel directly from Nordic for that build.

Ill just wait and see what comes in stock again. Dont really want to buy a drop in kit.

Nordic and DPMS are the same. They are hard to find I gave up on my order from Nordic. I got one from DPMS and I works great. I went about 1k shots before I had to clean it. It shoots about 3/4 at 50 yds.

I picked up a CMMG dedicated .22 which I am pretty happy with. The firing pin broke within 100 rounds so replaced that with a Black Dog hardened firing pin and that seems to have worked well.

CMMG3_zps8ea5aba2.jpg

CMMG2_zps9dcb1854.jpg

CMMG1_zpsf347ddf6.jpg

I don't know if he posts here but you can work on getting ahold of redtazdog (he posts on most the forums so may be here). He's a semi local to me and does amazing work.

I have a Compass Lake Engineering upper I might be willing to part with.

PM if interested.

Rick

This thread was helpful because I am in the market for one as well. If anyone else is trying to get rid of one, just PM me.