• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 conversions UMP, SCAR, M249 SAW, M60, M14 EBR

Re: 22 conversions UMP, SCAR, M249 SAW, M60, M14 EBR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is all of this legal?</div></div>

which part do you think its illegal?

are you asking if i should be following airsoft or gun laws?
im following gun laws because you wont see any of these at an airsoft field.

im using a DROS, legal, serialized .22LR receiver with an empty shell.

same thing with aftermarket 10/22 stock bodies from tapco, promag, etc

there's no airsoft electrical components at all. its just an empty shell used to dress up a .22LR. same thing if i were to create my own stock made out of wood or fiberglass. the receiver, barrel, trigger group, magazine are all intact and just lays inside of the shell.

i dont plan to sell it.

im in CA so im following the laws

.22LR is purchased at a local gun store, DROS'ed with 10 day waiting period
26" overall length folded/collapsible
fixed/pinned collapsible/foldable stock using a screw
16" barrel length
10 round magazine limit
no need for a bullet button
serial number can be exposed or i can pull out the rifle

I dont live in commifornia so I dont know all of their wacky laws. I was unsure about the folder, but if youre cool with it im cool with it.

The Ares Tavor that you are using, already has the bars in place for the real rifle.

You will find a small rod along with a "pusher" at the end that will push on the gearbox of the airsoft rifle. That rifle is kind of a pain to get apart, just make sure you go slow, and not to bugger up any of the small parts inside.

Those look cool. Want to see that m14ebr working. I wish soon one would come out with a m14ebr or standard m14. 22lr and a better scar clone. Hope all of your projects come out good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I'm a mall ninja.</div></div>
Well, you've completed step one... admitting there is a problem.

Okay defcon, here's the deal. 1) Those are some seriously cool toys. 2) I'm sorry you live in California. 3) Looks like you do good work. 4) you have WAY to much time and money on your hands.

Nice work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woogie_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Ares Tavor that you are using, already has the bars in place for the real rifle.

You will find a small rod along with a "pusher" at the end that will push on the gearbox of the airsoft rifle. That rifle is kind of a pain to get apart, just make sure you go slow, and not to bugger up any of the small parts inside. </div></div>

thanks for the tip. i didnt get the tar 21. the little kid selling it to me backed out and kept it. hahaha

time to look for an L85 and/or Famas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTG 1977</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay defcon, here's the deal. 1) Those are some seriously cool toys. 2) I'm sorry you live in California. 3) Looks like you do good work. 4) you have WAY to much time and money on your hands.

Nice work.

</div></div>

thanks. i wish i had more time finishing up these dress up kits but not when im chasing around my 1 year old. im lucky to even have time to tinker with these projects.