• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor. Build. ???????

Pigman1212

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2017
My next build is a 22 creed. Wanting to run a 20-22” carbon barrel. What twist. Wanting to push 60-80 gr pills. what action are u guys running.

You'd be fine with an 8 twist. Many go with faster twists but they also push much heavier bullets. I would say you could also do a 7 twist if you desire to go heavier in the future. Both 8 and 7 should work.

Impact 22” Benchmark carbon 8 twist was recommended to me by TS Customs for a build. Travis knows what works and builds some nice stuff that are easy to load for. Lots of good smiths out there and good actions too.

I would also recommend the 8 twist. Plenty fast for most bullets and keeps you from blowing those thin suckers up with a 7”. I’m running 90gr A-tips at 3k from my 18” 8tw

I see there is a lot of different barrel companies making carbon barrels. I have several proofs on other calibers and have been very happy and have one bartlein on a 300 wsm. Have not started on a load for it yet. Thank you guys for all the input. Nine Run Gun has built several of my rifles. Love his work.