• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Creedmoor twist rate

flyfisherman246

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2017
I have built a few .22 Creeds on 8 twist 5R Bartlein barrels and they shot great. I am looking to build another one and can't find an 8 twist #13 anywhere in stock. I am looking to strictly shoot 75 elm's out of this and I know the 8 twist is the way to go. I can find 7.7 and 7.5 twist, which is pretty damn close but I don't want to be spinning these 75's apart. Lets say I'm pushing them 3400 fps. An 8 twist is going 306K RPM, 7.7 going 318k RPM, and the 7.5 is going 327k RPM. The internet is full of guys saying the 75's were coming apart in the 7 twists which would be 350k RPM for reference. Does anyone have any first hand experience and zero blowups with a 7.7 twist 5R or something similar with a 22 Creed and 75 ELDM's? Or has anyone had personal bullet blowups with a setup like this?

Thanks

Lots of info here: