• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 for my daughter

burgessb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2010
in the woods
my daughter turns 12 this weekend and wants a 22.
she wants the cricket with the pink stock.
anybody have any experience with these?? ahe has two younger sisters so it will be passed around.

or should i buy a cz scout?? the cz is twice the money.

thanks any help or opinions would be gratly appreciated!!

Re: 22 for my daughter

My boss bought his son one and a local dealrer here has them for sell. His grandson has one also the little guns are great for a new shooter (young shooter) to learn safty on. They are also accurate enough to hunt/target shot with.

My bad I'm talking about the cricket,. They also have bases and a mildot scope you can get for it.

for a single shot, give the T/C Hotshot a look, it is made just like the Encore, avail in .22lr. the trigger is better than the chipmunk or keyston crikett.

I got the Chipmunk 22 when I was 6-ish. The rear sight fell off when I was duck hunting with my dad and we never found it. For about 20 years the gun sat in the case collecting dust. A couple of years ago I brought the gun home with me and ordered a new rear sight from Cricket (who bought out Chipmunk). It is a fun little rifle and since you load one round at a time and manually cock it, it is safe for kiddos. My 4 year old girl as already laid claim to my chipmunk.

The fact that your daughter wants a 22 and you will be teaching her gun handling skills / spending time doing something you both enjoy is awesome. It doesn't matter what you get her.....you win!

062307017.jpg

This is my 12 year old with her Cricket, I chose to get her the stainless barrel. She is one hell of a shot with this little rifle!

Tom

My daughter has the little pink cricket and Ive got to say. The little rifle impressed me. It is a bit hard to load for the little ones, but once they get the hang of it, everything will go pretty smooth.

It really teaches them how to slow down and think about what they are doing.

Get one for the price you cant beat it for a young shooter.

howdy

Here's another +1 for the CZ. The scout comes with a single-shot adapter. As your daughter grows in shooting, if she decides that she wants a repeater then replace the magazine with either a 5 or 10 magazine and you've got a repeater.

i bought her a pink scout. will post pics of here with it saturday.

it sures feels solid. it came with the single shot mag which i think is a good idea. i will order her a 5 round one for when we feel more comfortable.

thanks for the input

Great choice.

As an added bonus, if she gets tired of the pink and decides that would rather have a wood stock you can just strip it down and re-stain it. The stock is just a painted wood stock.

I just did the same thing. I was thinking about the cricket until I held it next to the CZ. No contest, she is getting the CZ for Christmas.

my daughter got her pink cricket when she was 6, 3 years latter she has about worn the barrel. she stated that it was too slow to shoot earlier this year so I bought a tactical solution dedicated upper for one of the AR lower laying around. She is loving it and I can't wait for her to pay for her own ammo.

Anyone have any experience with the Zastava/USSG version of the Remington 5?

Local shop has a used pink one for 139 that's in good shape. Thinking about getting it for my niece for Christmas. It will be a safe queen for a while. She will get to use it when the family comes home on leave then will stay in the safe until next leave or they return to the US in a couple years. Just in time for her sister to get one also.

I love shooting my sons cricket, great for learning