• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 LR AR choice

Re: 22 LR AR choice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nordic Upper, pick your poison on the lower</div></div>

^^ This

I have a tac sol upper for a little over three years now and it is way too much fun especially suppressed, any lower will do, the SW is awesome also and a bit lighter.

I have a couple CMMG uppers and they have been very reliable. I had one of them cut down to 4.5” and it is still very reliable with and without a suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nordic Upper, pick your poison on the lower </div></div>

Anyone know of any reputable places to order these from other than from Nordic directly? On their website every model has been out of stock for weeks.

the S&W mp 15 22 is great! i had a early model that was picky on ammo and smith and wesson replaced the entire gun and the new one will eat any ammo you give it, the bolt catch and mag release and safety are all in the same place as a regular ar! i put a trigger in it and its my daughters gun and she grew up on it and loved it, i love it too and now she has moved on to the 223 ar and its all the same except the ammo. very good teaching tool and a blast to shoot all day long and only spend 20$ doing it. I bring it every time i go to the range when its hot. i will shoot 5 rounds from my 308 and shoot the M&P while the 308 cools for its next 5 rounds! love it!

I'm in the same boat, OP, but my research has me leaning towards CMMG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical .22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the same boat, OP, but my research has me leaning towards CMMG. </div></div>

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the TAC SOL and Nordic sites and they are out of stock and more expensive that the CMMG. I like the S&W but it is too light; I'd like to replicate the feel of my carbine. Unless some one can tell me a down side to the CMMG I believe I will go that direction. Thanks again.

I would go with the CMMG upper...
AR2201.jpg

i'd go with the CMMG. they have great customer service. i've experienced it first hand. i now have several of their other products. i love my 20" upper from them.

User "Redtazdog", no doubt. He will make you a custom barrel and match your CMMG bolt to the barrel to essentially get rid of that play which is the root of many malfunctions. I had him build me a 4.5" upper (keeps bulk ammo subsonic for suppressor use) and it is FAR better than any other .22 AR option I've had (Colt dedicated, Spike's .22 upper, 2 CMMG conversions).

SBR45in22lrupper1.jpg
SBR45in22lrupper2.jpg

I bought a Spike's Tactical when they were selling them - works perfectly - about 6,000 rounds through i...

I recently skimmed an article or post about making the bolt release work with the 22 uppers (or at least I thought I did), but cannot find any reference to it now.

Anyone familiar with this?

TIA

Research the Nordics. JP Enterprises us NP receivers and bolts with thier barrel. IMO that speaks volumes. Awaiting the next run of Nordic uppers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently skimmed an article or post about making the bolt release work with the 22 uppers (or at least I thought I did), but cannot find any reference to it now.

Anyone familiar with this?

TIA </div></div>

CMMG makes a little adapter for this. GREAT for public ranges when they call cold and you need to lock the bolt back. it dropped right in for my CMMG upper, but there's some fitting for my Spike's kit.

Thanks, Kaotic. Upper should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to tying it out.

CMMG 22lr upper ordered!! couldn't wait any longer! Midwayusa and the $35 off code worked too!!