• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Nosler AR?

Coltster

MSG
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2012
Augusta GA
So I am looking at getting a 22Nosler AR this summer but not sure which way to go. Being that it's a new offering the only rifles that I know of are the Nosler/Noveske Varmagedon and the Colt Competition Rifle. Will be used on Prairie Dog and Coyote in Montana, suppressed most of the time. The Noveske has some of the features that I want like PRS Stock and FDE Cerakote but is about $900 more than the Colt. Anybody have any suggestions on these two rifles or maybe something else that I am not tracking? Thanks in advance!

Pick a barrel and build your own. Blackhole, proof and white oak.

I'm glad to hear this suggestion. I'm awaiting a little more info from users to see how well the 22Nosler really performs, but my plan was an upper conversion or build versus trying to source a full rifle or assembled upper. Glad to hear there's no foreseeable obstacle to switching over one of existing uppers.

Yeah build your own. It can be customized the way u want it. That's why we love the black rifle so much. We can control how it works, performs, and looks.
I have another thread I started on this and a guy just bought a budget barrel from midway (ar stoner) in 22 nosler and he posted a group. Don't think I could do any better with anything else. Haha it made me laugh

Yep building my own is still on the table just wanted to see what else is out there for factory options. 18" Proof, Seekins receivers, JP BCG and adj gasblock, PRS and Larue Trigger are on my short list to acquire.

Got my build together outstanding performance and could not be happier . I will say this tho I'm gona save you a lot pain. GET A ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK. Way over gas and will mark your brass bad until you put one on.

Shooter.dm thanks for the info. Proof recommended Superlative Arms Adj block to go with their CAMGAS 22Nosler barrel so will prob go with that.