• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

suppressed Scorpion.jpg

Another vote for the VQ-improved Ruger design.

Smith and Wesson m&p 22 was the most reliable I have had, fired several thousand rounds without issue probably in the 5k range. One of the better da/sa is the grand power but mine developed extraction issues after about 2500 rounds…but very accurate and simulates cz, 92, and wigs pretty well. Main issue with grand power is lack of parts.

What is a good, reliable, 22 pistol for general plinking and training? I am looking at the Ruger MKIV 22/45, but wanted to know if there is anything else on the market to look at? I have shot the Taurus TX22 or whatever they call it, but am not entirely sold on the Taurus brand.
I'd stick with your first choice. I love mine...

I picked up an FN 502 Tactical on Saturday when one came in stock locally. Installed a Holosun 507C, same as on my LTT Elite, and headed to the range on Sunday. Put about 250 rounds through her and only two FTF's, due to the cheap Winchester ammo I was using. Other than that, ran flawlessly and it'll make RDO training a whole lot less expensive.

It has a pretty solid trigger although compared to the LTT, the reset is quite a bit longer. Otherwise it breaks cleanly and is single action as opposed to DA on the LTT. The ergonomics are great as well and it's really easy to get a solid purchase and work on your fundamentals.

It was a little tight out of the box but I disassembled and lubed it prior to heading to the range where I had zero mechanical issues with the gun itself. My only complaint is the little cartridge inspection window points straight up at the RDO so by the time I was ready to pack the gun up, the RDO's glass had a nice jet pattern on it from the cartridge gas. I didn't notice anything while shooting/looking through the RDO so it may mean nothing.

I simply love my fn 502

Attachments

• 5568B1E2-505C-4310-A5B5-2BB1A0466240.jpeg
    5568B1E2-505C-4310-A5B5-2BB1A0466240.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 42
Nobody's mentioned the Colt(Walther) Gold Cup 22lr. Standard full size 1911 trigger internals tune up nicely. Way better trigger than the Rugers. It's super easy to add a supressor, and mine runs most ammo nicely. Seems to like Eley target(the cheapest eley). IPSC at 100yds is no problem. I bubba'd a red dot onto the rear sight dovetail, and I'm sure a proper gunsmith could do a proper job.