• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

22 rifle scope

startrek

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
lexington,nc
I just bought a CZ452 rifle and it deserves a good scope, I can't seem to find a scope that will focus down to 25 yds without having to buy a leupold, any ideas.

Re: 22 rifle scope

I haven't really heard of a scope that can't focus down to 25 yards unless it's a fixed competition scope or something like that. I'd go with a Bushnell Banner. They go for $100 - $150. That's what I had before my Elite 3200 and I really liked it.

my brother knapstrupperUSA has a leupold rimfire scope and i think he might want to sell it i would pm him and ask maybe you could work a deal

You said it deserves a good scope so why not put a Leupold on it? Just because it's a 22 doesn't mean that it deservesa POS $100 scope.

This is an amazing value, Vortex 6x24x50@ $99.00

I have one of these,it is a very clear scope,problem is I have high burris deluxe rings and it wont even clear the eyepiece end of a Nikon 4.5 x 14 x 42 Buckmaster scope.

the simmons .44 mag in 6.5-20x(44)? has been a good scope. its clear in through the whole zoom range and has plenty of power for a rimfire.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Mueller APV! This is a ton of scope for the money, and gets the nod over the lower end Leupolds
Check one out, you won't be dissappointed

I really like Weaver's V16 for a rimfire scope. I think it focuses all the way down to 15 yards. Glass is good, repeatability is rock solid on every one I've owned. Only fault I've found is the limited adjustment of the scope. I can get to 100 find without a canted base but 150 is out of the question. Rimfire technologies have done a very good job of solving that problem though.

Crappy pic, but I think the V16 looks right at home on a 452.
Picture017.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sakoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe no one has mentioned the Mueller APV! This is a ton of scope for the money, and gets the nod over the lower end Leupolds
Check one out, you won't be dissappointed</div></div>

they've been mentioned in the other billion "which .22 scope threads".

i think the OP is talking about spending some dough on what is considered a high end scope. unfortunately, many of the high end scope manufacturers don't make adjustments below 50 yards as i believe they think their whole demographic are long range centerfire shooters that consider 50 yards to be the lowest end of the adjustment scale.

so what you are left with are scopes that are considered junk or low end by most centerfire shooters but are of great value to a rimfire shooter, as they incorporate those shorter distances.

that leaves your tasco, bushnell, mueller, simmons, barska, etc. as many think that they are not good enough for centerfire, but good enough for .22 realm of myth.

best thing to do is get yourself on a few optics sites (optics planet, among others) that have a huge selection of scopes, look at the features and see what's available with 25yard focus. then when you've found a few that's considered a "good scope" by most, narrow it down from there according to your budget and needs, and you'll have your glass for the CZ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sakoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe no one has mentioned the Mueller APV! This is a ton of scope for the money, and gets the nod over the lower end Leupolds
Check one out, you won't be dissappointed</div></div>

they've been mentioned in the other billion "which .22 scope threads".

i think the OP is talking about spending some dough on what is considered a high end scope. unfortunately, many of the high end scope manufacturers don't make adjustments below 50 yards as i believe they think their whole demographic are long range centerfire shooters that consider 50 yards to be the lowest end of the adjustment scale.

so what you are left with are scopes that are considered junk or low end by most centerfire shooters but are of great value to a rimfire shooter, as they incorporate those shorter distances.

that leaves your tasco, bushnell, mueller, simmons, barska, etc. as many think that they are not good enough for centerfire, but good enough for .22 realm of myth.

best thing to do is get yourself on a few optics sites (optics planet, among others) that have a huge selection of scopes, look at the features and see what's available with 25yard focus. then when you've found a few that's considered a "good scope" by most, narrow it down from there according to your budget and needs, and you'll have your glass for the CZ.
</div></div>

He mentioned not wanting to "have to buy a Leupold" and someone else mentioned a Simmons. The Mueller APV is a far superior piece of glass than a Simmons and is just as good as any Leupold I own. It gets the nod for any rimfire task that I can think of
YMMV

Exactly, there must be an american made scope other than Leupold that will focus down to 25 yds, I have nothing against Leupold I was just hoping for a Weaver or Bausch & Lomb. I am not satisfied with the glass in Muellers and others like them.

Burris has a 4-12 rimfire scope (or they did as I have one on my Kimber). Heck if you want my Burris I would get another Leupold 3-9 EFR, just drop me a PM. I need to remove the scope anyway to send the barreled actioon to Rimfire Tech for a tapered pic rail.

Pat

I have the Leupold 3-9 Rimfire EFR, modified with M-1 knobs. I love it....it sits perfectly on top of my little Biathlon Basic. Makes a fantastic hunting scope, which doesn't overpower the rifle. I forget how close it will focus, but it's damn close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Burris has a 4-12 rimfire scope (or they did as I have one on my Kimber). Heck if you want my Burris I would get another Leupold 3-9 EFR, just drop me a PM. I need to remove the scope anyway to send the barreled actioon to Rimfire Tech for a tapered pic rail.

Pat</div></div>

i don't want to get off topic, and i may not understand what your trying to accomplish, but why are you sending the whole thing to RT for a tapered rail?