• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes .22 scope?

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...
Was gonna get a cheap $69 Centerpoint for my .22 but have seen the Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50 for $99. Have heard of how good the other Vortex scopes are. ? is, anyone had any exp. w/ the Crossfire? Does it uphold the Vortex name. I mean for 30 more $ it sounds like a good buy. An opinions? Thanks.
Eric

Re: .22 scope?

I just installed and zero'ed mine today.

I ran out of elevation for anything more than 100 yards. Make sure you get a 20 MOA base if you want to go out to 200-300 yards.

Horizontal tracking was pretty close. I could not test vertical tracking due to the elevation issues.

Optical clarity is acceptable. Looks like it's Mil-correct at 12x but I have not verified that with the manual. If that is correct, then it's a great option with a SFP scope because you can use the scale easily at 6x, 12x, or 24x.

I will be ordering an EGW 20MOA base and some Burris rings to get some more elevation, then I will give it another swing on the tracking test.

Overall it looks like a good scope, but it's definitely a monster.

It is WAY better quality than the Centerpoint I stuck on another .22

not meaning to hijack your thread but while we are on the subject of 22 scopes could i get a yay or nay on these newer leapers scopes? I have an older 6X on my AR and love it. was thinking about getting the following for either my 22 a 223 bolt gun or my 06. I know they are not the best but this is going to by mainly for target shooting and varmint hunting

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-5th-...d-green-il.html

never mind im getting a mueller APT for my big guns might get that leapers for my 22.

lonewolf, but clarity was good enough to see your strikes @ 100? After you get set up, you think it will be good enough to see them @ 200? But overall worth the $30 over the Centerpoint?