• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 Suppressor Host Opinions

boomdoggie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Yes This Topic has been beat to death, Yes I did I google Search, That being said
I have narrowed it down to two host choices. A Ruger 22/45 Threaded model 10150 (one with no rails and sights) or the Sig Conversion Kit with a threaded barrel. The Suppressor is a Sparrow which has a 1/2 x 28 thread pitch.
This is where I want some opinions, I know the 22/45 has a mag safety and know that the sig is pot metal and can cause palling.
Thanks
Chull

Re: 22 Suppressor Host Opinions

Find a cheap Ruger MK 2 or 3 and put a Tactical solutions upper on it.
Pro's, light weight, very accurate, threaded barrel, runs, good trigger, and a holster to use with suppressor attached.

Con's, uh, nope can't think of any.

If those are the two things that holding you up from either of the two that you have listed... There are mods for the 22/45 to remove the magazine safety. I don't have a 22/45, or have I ever performed this mod on a 22/45, but from what I have read it seems fairly easy. Of course the other option is to get the Browning Buckmark and just remove the magazine safety rod.

22/45 hands down. Just picked up the same set up you noted above and she runs like a sewing machine. now to decide on what can???

I'm planning on ordering the 22/45 tomorrow. I would only get the Sig if you have to have a "combat" style. The guns designed for .22 seem to work better on average than the conversions in my experience.

Go with the 22/45 over the sig conversion. Ruger does have a 22/45 that is suppressor ready from the factory.

The Tactical Solutions 22/45 conversion is pretty sweet and makes the 22/45 so light that it almost feels like a toy.

well I went down to Cabelas and this afternoon and ended up with a 22/45 only problem is it will not run. Just got back form the range and jamb and stove pipe every shot. This sucks I am going to take it Virgil Tripp in bastrop tomorrow since I once worked for him and he seems to be an all knowing pistolsmith

Some .22 lr pistols can be ammo sensitive and there are a number that will not function with the cheaper federal and remington bulk packs of ammo. The 22/45 pistols that I have shot seem to be reliable with most ammo though. My P22 is very picky with what ammo it will reliably function.

Chull - if you have not done so already, I would try a few different types of ammo before you pay a smith to work on it.

I ran the gambit of ammo from Bulk packs of various to RWS, to CCI minis no go
I am not a happy ruger owner currently and the knuckle head who put on the protector must have used a pipe wrench with a 16 foot cheater because for the life of me I cant get it off

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran the gambit of ammo from Bulk packs of various to RWS, to CCI minis no go
I am not a happy ruger owner currently and the knuckle head who put on the protector must have used a pipe wrench with a 16 foot cheater because for the life of me I cant get it off </div></div>

Sorry to hear of the experience with your Ruger. The 22/45s that I shot have all been reliable and very accurate.

If it was my pistol, I would call Ruger and let their Customer Service try to fix it on their dime before I sent it to a smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was my pistol, I would call Ruger and let their Customer Service try to fix it on their dime before I sent it to a smith.
</div></div>

I agree. Send it back to Ruger. They're a respectable company and will do what they need to to fix it for you.

I called Ruger and was told that I had to ship it back to them (my dime) I then stated that when I looked down the mag well I was a huge white tare in the frame and was told that it was my fault for this. I just got the damn thing and took it from the store to the range. I will never buy a ruger or anything from there holding company again.

Tell Cabela's about your issue. I would be willing to bet that they will ship it back on their dime.

Again sorry to hear about your experience.

I try to purchase .22 pistols that were sold through Davidson's (gun distributor). Firearms distributed through Davidson's have a lifetime warranty. They will repair or replace the firearm on their dime.

I was less than impressed with the mags/clips at first (seemed like the spring was caught up on the I.D finsih) but after a few hundred rounds they worked 100%. I'd put some more rounds down the tube and see if she breaks in for ya bud. I went throw 650 rds day one and can only recall 8 FTF... I'll take that. keep us updated.

22/45 is what I did. Tacsol upper, T1 sight, volquartsen trigger job, AAC Element can. Love this gun. Would love to do the new 22/45 with the wood grips and get some nice Spegel grips, but I'd have to redo the Volquartsen trigger work in the new frame.