• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.22 suppressor on different rifles

johnrrb81

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2011
Andrews, TX, USA
I have built 2 different uppers for my AR. One is a 10.5" and the other is 16" and both are 1:9 twist. I was out playing around at my brother's place and for some reason the 16" was louder than the 10.5". Why would that be?

Re: .22 suppressor on different rifles

Are you shooting subsonics? If not the round may be subsonic from the 10 and supersonic from the 16

I used CCI stingers, CCI standard velocity, Remington subsonics, and Aguila super colibris

What suppressor were you using.

Also, are your two uppers identical, besides the obvious difference in barrel length?

Its an SRT typhoon. The only difference is the receiver themselves, the 10 is a YHM with an American Spirit barrel and the 16 is American Spirit on both the barrel and receiver

That was my thought too. I guess I'll stick with the 10 until I can get my manufacturing license