• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 trainer finished! (updated with suppressor!)

dpreston

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Western Pa
After 6 months everything has finally come together and I wanted to share some pics. Just waiting on one more piece to the puzzle... a thunderbeast 22LR suppressor (5 months into the pending process so it should be any day now). Primary use will be training and squirrel hunting.

Specs:

CZ452 Varmint
Thunderbeast 22L-1 titanium suppressor
Manners T4 molded GAP
US Optics Picatinny Base (drilled and tapped into the action)
Barrel threaded 1/2x28
DIP torx screws
DIP aluminum mag well
Hooper Ordnance Bolt knob
D.I. products trigger guard
Timney trigger (1 pound)
Vortex 4-16 FFP MIL/MIL

IMG_0204.jpg
photo3.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg

Re: 22 trainer finally finished!

Nice rig, to say I'm jealous of that "trainer" would be a serious understatement!

Nice rig. Did you do the bolt handle or send it in to have it done?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After 6 months everything has finally come together and I wanted to share some pics. Just waiting on one more piece to the puzzle... a thunderbeast 22LR suppressor (5 months into the pending process so it should be any day now). Primary use will be training and squirrel hunting.

Specs:

CZ452 Varmint
Manners T4 molded GAP
US Optics Picatinny Base
Threaded 1/2x28
DIP torx screws
DIP aluminum mag well
Hooper Ordnance Bolt knob
D.I. products trigger guard
Timney trigger (1 pound)
Vortex 4-16 FFP MIL/MIL

photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo1.jpg
</div></div>

i will be running almost the exact same setup. the only diffrences are manners stock will be midnight camo, my pst is moa, and my can is a huntertownarms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCKev64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig. Did you do the bolt handle or send it in to have it done?</div></div>
I had hooper install if for me

That looks like our trigger guard too.

Nice rifle.

Good looking rifle. My stock oughta be back from re-inletting this week, judging on your turnaround. I'm debating on going with a 4-16 PST non-FFP now.

lovely setup, this is exactly what im in the process of trying to achieve.did you go for the heavy fill?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks like our trigger guard too.

Nice rifle.</div></div>
it might be. I had all the parts a long time ago and kind of forgot where exactly I got them from.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lovely setup, this is exactly what im in the process of trying to achieve.did you go for the heavy fill?</div></div>
no I actually got 90% carbon. I wanted it as light as possible for squirrel hunting

Very nice trainer!

I have to say that I am a little jealous.. haha!

Now go shoot the heck out of it and give us a range report!

Shoot Straight,
Josh

Awesome. I'm still 2 months away from getting my stock from Manners.

Very Nice!! I think I am fixing to do a stock up grade on my 10/22

I just picked up a threaded 16" American. Waiting on the correct DI Products rail to mount my weaver 3.5-10 and give her a try!!
smile.gif

I keep debating on one of these manner stocks, or upgrading to the exact scope you are running! How do you like it?

Looks awesome! Enjoy..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a threaded 16" American. Waiting on the correct DI Products rail to mount my weaver 3.5-10 and give her a try!!
smile.gif

I keep debating on one of these manner stocks, or upgrading to the exact scope you are running! How do you like it?

Looks awesome! Enjoy..</div></div>
Love the stock, and love the scope. IMO its the perfect scope for a 22 trainer, dont really need the illum., but its a nice compact package with all the goodies of the higher ends.

Only thing I would have done different with this build would have been to chop the barrel at 16" when I had it threaded. No biggie though.

and anyone looking for a bolt knob, Hoopers knobs are the shit. I am very happy I had it done. Feels great and theres plenty of clearance past the scope even running the .823 badgers that I've got on it.

what is the weight setting at now?

Re: 22 trainer finished! (updated with suppressor!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who did the drill and tap for the scope base ?</div></div>
I sent it to GA Precision. They had some very reasonable prices and I didn't have to worry about it being messed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: docdredd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> what is the weight setting at now? </div></div>
with the 90% carbon stock, it's 8.5-9 lbs

Just shot a few of the snipers hide rimfire target competitions tonight. Wolf extra match is damn near bug-holing at 50 yds. I've got some CCI subsonic hollow points for squirrels that are shooting 1/2" at 50 yds. It's pretty damn sweet when all you hear is the firing pin slap when it goes off. Now if I could just catch a break in the weather up here to do some serious hunting with it.

That is a sweet setup...I'm looking to put a suppressor on mine as well. Very well done, sir.

wow, i wish my primary rifle was as nice as your trainer.. haha..very nice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well done, my gears are turnin now. </div></div>

I just happen to know where a 452V lives in case you need a test dummy.

after about 20 minutes worth of hunting last week, I got my first squirrels with the gun.... they don't even know what hit them. The other squirrels run after a shot goes off, but they are right back out within minutes. Its a blast
photo-4-6.jpg

did your CZ 452 come threaded or did you have it threaded? i want a CZ but i need to get rid of a .22lr to gain a .22lr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaotic504</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did your CZ 452 come threaded or did you have it threaded? i want a CZ but i need to get rid of a .22lr to gain a .22lr. </div></div>
GAP threaded it for me