• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.22 tube gun chassis?

JFisher304

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2011
I had a chance to shoot a .308 MAK tube gun over the weekend and fell in love with it. I already own an XLR chassis based center fire gun, so I don't really need to build another one. I had planned on doing an AR based 22 build, but if I could find a tube gun kit I'd rather go that way. What is out there that will accept a common .22 action and barrel? I'd prefer a repeater, but single shot would be ok. I don't want something that requires some bagillion dollar unobtanium action / bolt / trigger assembly.

Re: .22 tube gun chassis?

I have my 40x in a xlr. I am half tempted to swap my .308 in a manners for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this similar to what you're looking for? It'n to really pretty, but it isn't too pricey and may give you the tubegun feel. Not sure if it's quite avalable or not though

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341177 </div></div>

That's very much what I am looking for. Unfortunately it is one of one. Never made it to production.

Oops, my bad. I just realized the last post by the original poster of that thread was 14 months ago. If you would like, I can send him a PM and ask if he's making them. If you're not a member of that forum already that is, I don't mind at all.

I'm not a member there. If you would drop him a PM I would appreciate it!

No problem, PM sent off his way already. I'll let you know what he says. I just asked if he's making them. If you want me to ask more specific questions for you, just let me know and i'll direct them at him.

A friend has a 40X in a Eliseo chassis.It's a single shot of course.

My tactical bolt gun is a 700/MAK tube kit.I thought about doing a MAK kit and 40X but I want a repeater.Nobody has a drop in 40X clone repeater yet.They are still trying to work out feeding issues.As you can imagine by the time the money is spent for a custom 40x repeater it's going to cost close to +/- $3000.

The other thing I thought of to do was take a 22 repeater action and have a machinist make a sleeve to go between the MAK sleeve and action its self.There's going to be a lot more gunsmithing involved to get all the other relationships right like trigger length,mag release length,etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: From PM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't currently have any, but will be doing a run in the future. Check www.primalrights.com forums for progress.

Thanks,

-Greg</div></div>

That's all that was said. I'm ASSuming this system isn't going to go anywhere but if he does produce a few of them it'd be pretty cool if you could get your hands on one. IF you do, and I think it's a big IF, you better post a thurough range report
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terror!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: From PM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't currently have any, but will be doing a run in the future. Check www.primalrights.com forums for progress.

Thanks,

-Greg</div></div>

That's all that was said. I'm ASSuming this system isn't going to go anywhere but if he does produce a few of them it'd be pretty cool if you could get your hands on one. IF you do, and I think it's a big IF, you better post a thurough range report
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks for the help! I'll keep any eye out over there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFisher304</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the help! I'll keep any eye out over there.</div></div>
Not a problem, let me know if anything surfaces on this chassis. Or if you find another way to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job TiTs</div></div>
Thanks Rico

Eliseo makes his tube chassis for the round anschutz 1907, 1913, 1807, 1808 chassis. you basically JB weld the barreled action into the chassis.