• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223/30-06 accelerator rounds

Tony_D_50652

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2014
Lincoln, IA
Is there options for loading these rounds? I have been thinking about purchasing reloading equipment for the 30-06 being as I currently have around 1000 rounds of brass mostly Remington core lock casing and would like to have a few more of the accelerator rounds to play with, I currently have about 10 rounds of the 55 grain core lock accelerator rounds left of the 80 rounds I acquired 4 years back.

Haven't seen them for a while, but you used to be able to buy the sabots in some retarded form, like a 15 pack.
Good luck

I tried them many years ago before I had a .22-250 and .223s. They were very frustrating to me from an accuracy standpoint...very poor. I had better results shooting cheap .30 caliber soft points made for the .30 Carbine. There is loading data around. I can not find any notes, but I am pretty sure I was using a pretty fast ball rifle powder towards the end of the experiment. The typical .30-06 powders were worse.

E. Arthur Brown co. eabco.com They have the sabots in 100 packs for ten bucks. Interesting to experiment with, better in theory than real life.jmnho

The thing I'd been having fun with was punching holes threw 3/8" humvee armor plate at 100 yards, accuracy is lost much over 200/250 yards with what I had but it was fun seeing buddy's reactions to the holes in what was protecting them over seas. They are more a novelty to have for me, for range shots I'm using copper plated projectiles that a buddy loaded for me.

If you want to sell some of that brass, let me know. :)