• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing .223 70gr Berger VLDs Experience on Game

jakelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2011
    Norman, OK
    I'm wondering if anyone has used these bullets on hogs, coyotes, etc. I'm particularly interested in their performance on hogs. From what I've read, they're pretty tough, sometimes penciling through, but if you hit heavier bone, very lethal. Can anyone confirm any of this? Does anyone have experience loading them to mag length?

Head, neck, and high shoulders. I'm a big fan of breaking framework and tapping into the CNS. Particularly with hogs.

Last edited:
    Used them out of an 18" AR to put down an axis buck one of my hunters put a bad shot on. Shot in the crease and liquified both lungs and found a mushroomed lead core and bullet jacket pieces under the offside skin. This was a large 250lb buck, and it put him down quickly. Also shot a few hogs with very good results, seems to be a little less violent as a 77tmk and very similar to a regular 77smk in meat.

Reactions: jakelly