• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

223 load question

rlw

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2009
va
I am in the process of building another ar15 from the ground up and will be done with the gun next week and am finally maning up and buying a suppressor for this one. When i get that (in what will seem like 5 years from now) i was wondering if anyone has worked up a subsonic load with 90gr smks that may be able to cycle the bolt?

heres the specs of the upper
16" woa barrel 1-7" twist and mid length gas tube
pri adjustable gas block
young nm bcg

thanks in advance
(im going to have this in the gas gun and reloading section as i feel it fits in both)

Re: 223 load question

the SMK90 are designed to be single loaded, not loaded at mag length, just like the SMK 80's. If you do load them mag length, it will take up a lot of room in the case and there will be a jump from hell to the lands. It may work, but you'd probably not like the results.

well thats good to know thanks...i guess i will use 77gr bullets then

What are some loads that you guys are running in your ARs? I got a build starting soon and this was a concern of mine. Dont mean to jump the thread this is a topis I have been researching and I have come up with a lot of answers.