• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 precision 'snipers league' - scope choice?

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
Hi all, believe it's 200-600 yard targets we're shooting. I'd like to be able to use the scope on a future .308 rifle if need be as well that will shoot out at 800 yards. Need a recommendation on a scope.. $2000-$3000 options allowed.

For a scope that will cover all your needs, start to finish, check out Arken Optics!

DK
If you want to look through a foggy haze buy one of these. Looks something like this.
20210822_083727.jpg

Reactions: wadebrown
What type of reticle do you want?

Edit: No affiliation with seller but this is what I have on my 223 trainer but in tacti-cool FDE. Awesome scope for the money, hits all the marks for a 223 bolt gun.

I'm running a Nightforce 4-16X42 F1 on my SPR and I've been very happy with it in that role. It'll do 200-600 easy, and I've stretched it out to about 900 with 77 SMK's in favorable conditions and wasn't really held back by the optic. I also run offset irons so it helps offset the capability gap when engaging targets within 100 yards. I'm running the Mil-R reticle, it was what was available at the time but if I could do it again I'd get the Mil-XT and not look back, of course there are some other great options but I'd look in the 3-18X power range to do what you're looking to do.

K318i is a good pick. You can sometimes find deals on Kahles scopes - I paid just over half for my K624 vs my ATACR and the scopes are pretty comparable.

Reactions: VargmatII
$2K budget would be a lightly used 5-25 Nightforce.

I currently have a Bushnell ERS 4.5-30 on my 223 that I got on sale for $1,200 and it's a solid performer.