• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report .223 trainer/data need for 85gr RDFs

Sam19kilo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2019
    WY
    Has anyone messed with the Nosler 85gr RDFs? Finally got my trainer put together, throated for heavier .223 bullets, running the 80-88gr ELDs now but would like to try these RDFs out. Let me know what you guys have had luck with!

I have 2 trainers in 223 and shoot a lot of the 85gr RDF's. I load them really long and use Reloader 15 for 2935fps and ONLY LC brass!! I have shot them out to 1250 yards with consistent hits on a 18" plate
    IMG_1589.JPG

I have 2 trainers in 223 and shoot a lot of the 85gr RDF's. I load them really long and use Reloader 15 for 2935fps and ONLY LC brass!! I have shot them out to 1250 yards with consistent hits on a 18" plateView attachment 7190238
    So Tim load them all the way out as Far as a mag will allow? For example MDT is 2.59 I believe. Don’t worry about the lands or anything like that?

i use the MDT mags and the rounds are at max length. I had my chambers throated for the long bullet so they are not touching the lans

you dont have to load that long, its just what I do and it works for me
    How much are you jumping them Tim? I was curious if I should just do magazine length and don’t worry about anything else

I've run them in my 223AI and 22 Nosler gas gun, both with IMR8208XBR. They have shot great and are very consistent with the advertised BC being spot on.

Reactions: Sam19kilo