• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

223AI

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
Does anyone here ld 223AI with light (50–55) bullets. Hav bunch new Winchester brass and bunch Hornady 50 gr Vmax

I do but my load data is out in the shop. I assume you are looking for some info? 50 grain v-max.

load* (fixed it for you)

I will be... gonna be fireforming another 200 lapua cases this week with all of my extra varmint bullets. 50gr Barnes Varmint Grenade, Nosler 50gr and 55gr Varmint Ballistic tip, and some standard 55gr FMJ's. I can update you after the range

The AI should shine with the light bullets. Something in the 40-50gr class would be pretty fun varmint hunting

Yes. Gonna resize new Winchester brass in 223 die. Plannin on lding reg 223 data and save the fired brass. Have a 223AI die to use on the next rd. Gonna start out with Benchmark and fo from there. Any info appreciated. Thanks!!

I’ll check tomorrow but my memory says N133 is what I settled on, over 205M primers.

I checked and here is what I ended up with: 50 gr. V-max, WW cases, Rem 7-1/2 primers, 26.4 gr of N133, 3,530 fps and I am using Danzac coated bullets in a bolt gun.
I worked up the initial loads when it was 96 degrees as I wanted these for prairie dogs so charges are less than the max I tested but they shot best at this charge weight anyhow.
2015BR gave about the same velocity with 27.0 grains
H335 shot about 100 fps faster but did not group as well at 29.3 grains.

YMMV, start lower and work up due to uncoated bullets, bore, primers, etc.
None of the loads listed above were the max tested.

N133 had the accuracy edge by about .200" over all the 100 yard group tests.

Thank You very much. Jus happens I know where theres a pretty good stash N133!! Will try that first