• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

224 Valkyrie Primer.

Valkyrie1776

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2022
Wisconsin
I have loaded and fired about 600 rounds of 224 Valkyrie. NO real issues with anything. I have not crimped primers or bullets.
Questions:
Should I be crimping my primers? If so, why?
I don’t plan to crimp my bullets because my neck tension is pretty darn good.

I don't know of any handloaders/reloaders who crimp primers. I'm unaware of any crimper other than the production line type. What product were you looking at?

I have loaded and fired about 600 rounds of 224 Valkyrie. NO real issues with anything. I have not crimped primers or bullets.
Questions:
Should I be crimping my primers? If so, why?
I don’t plan to crimp my bullets because my neck tension is pretty darn good.
No you should never crimp a primer. Plus I don't know of anyone who even makes a tool for any home reloader to do such a job. The only people that DO crimp primers are because of military contracts. It's some specification from the procurement arm of the military which could be there for a number of reasons. That said the answer is still 100% a solid no.

No you should never crimp a primer. Plus I don't know of anyone who even makes a tool for any home reloader to do such a job. The only people that DO crimp primers are because of military contracts. It's some specification from the procurement arm of the military which could be there for a number of reasons. That said the answer is still 100% a solid no.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

Valkyrie primer pickets get loose. I use a pocket gauge to determine when to ditch my brass. I also add a tiny drop of nail polish where the primer meets the case to ensure they stay put when they are close.