• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

224V JP SCS Set-Up

JsnSanko

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
What set up are people using to go from 80-90gr Berger’s, or Hornady ELDM’s. New build and struggling with pressure signs and cycling issues. I have all the springs and extra Heavy and Steel weights. Thanks in advance for the help.

Build is a Mega Set. CLE +2 Bartlien Barrel. Aero standard weight BCG with CLE head spaced matched bolt. JP SCS. Magpul PRS 3. Geisselle National Match Trigger. I forget the brand of adjustable gas block but has clearance.

Just breaking in barrel and cleaning for now. Looking for function

I am using 85.5 Bergers and 26.3 of CFE223. This is overbook btw. Your mileage may vary.

What length receiver extension (buffer tube) are you using, and if it's anything other than a carbine length, did you use the JP SCS spacer?

What set up are people using to go from 80-90gr Berger’s, or Hornady ELDM’s. New build and struggling with pressure signs and cycling issues. I have all the springs and extra Heavy and Steel weights. Thanks in advance for the help.

Build is a Mega Set. CLE +2 Bartlien Barrel. Aero standard weight BCG with CLE head spaced matched bolt. JP SCS. Magpul PRS 3. Geisselle National Match Trigger. I forget the brand of adjustable gas block but has clearance.

Just breaking in barrel and cleaning for now. Looking for function
Your OP is rather vague, can't tell if your rolling your own or using box ammo.

I've done almost that exact build before but with using the Seekins Receiver set.

For 6ARC Or .224V

+2 Gas barrel - standard full Mass BCG- AGB-/ = H2 JP SCS Buffer with heaviest spring and adjust your gas to lock back with the ejection pattern at 3 o'clock.

Basically any time some one who is running the above parts list either in small or large frame it's the same across the board, increasing the buffering mass to delay extraction should fix the problem unless you're using handloads that are too hot or jamming. If your going Full Retard on your handloads it's not gonna matter what you do.

Last edited:
I am rolling my own. I will try the stiffer spring and add a heavy buffer then. I am rolling my own. 26gr CFE223 and an 80/80.5 Berger or ELDM was what I was shooting. I have 90 Berger’s and 88 ELDMs also.

Thanks for the advice