• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

22ARC 62GR ELD-VT IS NO ONE RELOADING FOR THIS

6.5guys2

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Tn
Come on guys and gals is no one reloading for this I have a proof 20in 22 arc that shoots the factory 62gr eldvt rounds great but I want to reload for this. I have 300 once fired 22 arc cases now but the load data on hornady book isn’t enough for me. I have tried cfe223 getting the velocity same as the factory round but I’m getting plunger marks primer isn’t flat but I have never loaded for a ar15 so I’m not 100% when to stop any help will b great thanks in advance

It's been around for over a decade under a different name, load data is out there.

I guess I shoulda clarified with the new 62gr eldvt bullets

The 62's aren't for AR's, are for bolt guns. Unless Hornady changed something you had to have been single feeding the factory ammo.

No not hardly I just got back from South Dakota and I shot over 300rounds of factory hornady ammo all 62gr eldvt an to b honest it shot lights out

An everything that I have been hearing the 62gr eldvt was made for the AR

Come on guys and gals is no one reloading for this I have a proof 20in 22 arc that shoots the factory 62gr eldvt rounds great but I want to reload for this. I have 300 once fired 22 arc cases now but the load data on hornady book isn’t enough for me. I have tried cfe223 getting the velocity same as the factory round but I’m getting plunger marks primer isn’t flat but I have never loaded for a ar15 so I’m not 100% when to stop any help will b great thanks in advance
I loaded the ELD-VT with N133, Lever, and CFE223. Varying degrees of success but never really found the velo+accuracy combo I hoped for.

I need to shoot the rest of my factory ammo from my new Craddock barrel and then load some more. N130 would probably be well suited to it as well. Also, the factory Hornady brass is absolute shit, so necking down Grendel brass is a must.

Reactions: 6.5guys2
I would love to find some lapua 6.5 Grendel brass but that ain’t gonna happen I have some hornady 6.5 brass but the neck is like 3tho thicker than the 22 arc brass
I loaded the ELD-VT with N133, Lever, and CFE223. Varying degrees of success but never really found the velo+accuracy combo I hoped for.

I need to shoot the rest of my factory ammo from my new Craddock barrel and then load some more. N130 would probably be well suited to it as well. Also, the factory Hornady brass is absolute shit, so necking down Grendel brass is a must.

Probably a reading comprehension error on my part.
The 62's aren't for AR's, are for bolt guns. Unless Hornady changed something you had to have been single feeding the factory .
You might be mis-remembering the statement that they aren't for 223/5.56 at AR mag length.

I’m not great with grammar or punctuation at all so excuse me on that guys sorry 😁