• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22LR Bolt Action Magnification

Dunno if this helps, Ive run 5-15x 4-16x 6-24x and now a 7-35x on my rimfires. My 17HMR has a 4-16x44 DB Tactical which is the perfext scope for the rifle and its use which is small game hunting. My Vudoo runs the ATACR 7-35x56. Its equally at home smashing birds at 10m to doing target work to 400m.

I would buy a scope with a wide power range so its useful accross a variety of roles.

I scored Rifleman (211, 232, 232 and 219) at a local Appleseed shoot back in October with a bone stock 10/22 and a Bushnell 3MOA red dot. I upgraded the optic to an old 1st gen Vortex Viper PST 1-4. That's my critter-removal/squirrel murdering rig.

For target shooting out to 300yds, my B14R (lefty) is set up with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16. I wouldn't mind a little more magnification to see hits on steel, but 16x is a good balance between size/weight and view. I got the scope for under $200, otherwise I probably would have opted for 24x.

Reactions: mrmarklin