• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22lr Colt M16 by Walther,Ulm

wilecoyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
venice,italy
if someone own or has tested it, I would be quite interested about your opinions..

4121899.jpg4652741.jpg7886247.jpg8205819.jpg

Its not a milspec rifle if I remember correctly
nothing internally is interchangeable
and its potmetal again if I remember correctly
I think Colt did this back when everyone was jumping on the 22 AR band wagon

you are right
H&K the same rifle.
barrel is very small, what you see is a shroud, you take flash hide off to tear down
I think they are both made by ummerx
my sons shoots ok, but not mill spec at all

Get an S&W 15-22.

It takes AR triggers, and other AR parts. Only real difference is, the takedown pins are in slightly different places, so you can't put a normal AR upper on it.

Get an S&W 15-22.

It takes AR triggers, and other AR parts. Only real difference is, the takedown pins are in slightly different places, so you can't put a normal AR upper on it.
Thank you about the info !_ ( an AR upper as possible replacement,"here", would not be a problem, anyway, because the hypotetical swap would be strictly forbidden by our laws, and could cost really heavy legal consequences... )

Last edited:
if someone own or has tested it, I would be quite interested about your opinions..

Just an FYI, the original M16-22 configuration with the 20" barrel, opposed to the still produced M4-22 configuration with the 16" barrel, has some collectors value.

I have the Colt M16-22 SPR, Colt M4-22 and HK416-22 mainly because I'm OCD,wanted common magazines, and thought they were "neat". That being said, I have no intention of worrying about them being precision rifles only fun plinkers. The triggers are mediocre at best.

If I were in the market for something to shoot accurately, I would not buy one. As others have stated, look at the S&W 15-22

in the meantime I was able to fully disassemble a Walther-Colt M16: it's a f'in nightmare, beside being engineered as a toy, with the materials of a toy... if, as stated by usmcchet9296, it was stupid for Colt put on it their name, it was also stupid for Wather lowering their standard to make some money w. this thing : to perform the basic maintenance, a.k.a. cleaning the barrel , is mandatory disassemble all the (?)rifle, bolt included_ the same really thin barrel is brazed (!) to his chamber, and keeped in line with the rest of the rifle thank to the flash hider..._
I stop here, but the list is never ending_this thing is a yoke, as is a yoke the user's manual_ ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL, regardless the selling price_