• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .22LR conversion upper for SA TRP Operator

ryu_sekai

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2004
Plano Texas
Anyone know who makes a .22 conversion for the Springfield TRP Operator bull bbl?
7b84afca.jpg

Re: .22LR conversion upper for SA TRP Operator

you should be able to use just about any conversion kit out there, the kits replace the entire top end, slide and all.

Advantage Arms makes one, Kimber makes one, Marvel makes one. Unfortunately they are only 10 round magazines although I think that caliber conversions is making a high cap mag for the Glock series of conversions and I am sure if they go over well they will look into doing one for a 1911. I would suggest that if you are going to use it for training purposes then run 7 rounds in a mag like you would and also get the AA kit because it has last round slide stop where the Kimber kit does not, and I dont know about the Marvel.

Check out Marvel they even offer a factory threaded barrel. I think they have one that will work.

your replaceing the entire slide,slide stop,and barrel. the marvel is a one time purchase.can or thoughts of one,threaded one for sure.MARVEL,dont waste your money on the others.

Tactical Solutions makes one of the best out there.

The mags are machined aluminum and work great. They are not Colt Ace mags that have to be tweaked and tweaked to get to run. Mine run with 12-14 rounds in them.

The accuracy is not on par with the Marvel, but unless you are shooting bullseye matches, reliability is more important. To me anyway. I dont mind a 3 inch group at 50 yards.

thanks for the input guys, i ended getting a kimber .22 conversion
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryu_sekai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the input guys, i ended getting a kimber .22 conversion
smile.gif
</div></div>

I'm sorry but it just seems kind of wrong to put a Kimber on a Springfield Armory TRP. Kind of like putting a Ford 351 in a Chevy PU.

Just kidding, conrgats though I've got the Marvel and it's been awsome so far. Having the abitity to shoot 22 is a great cost saver.

By the way I sure the same computer at work too, and from the looks of it maybe even the same kind of car? Ford Crown vic?

JMC