• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22LR for thermal

DEEPCREEKTAC

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2022
Iowa
Looking for the best option for a 22LR Ar15 to run a thermal scope. I have a M&P15-22 but I’m not to fond of have a $5k scope on a polymer rail.
Only thing I’ve thought of is dropping a cmmg kit in my actual AR, but I prefer to have a dedicated 22 setup.

Use the m and p

If it’s not a clip on just get a 10/22

Ar conversions are a joke ime

Reactions: nikonNUT
If you can find a kriss AR22 you will be happy with it. It will,take any 10/22 barrel, all metal construction.

Reactions: BurtG
I’ve had 100% reliability from my TacSol dedicated upper.

The CMMG conversion is fun, but can't say I'd rely on it for anything more than that (diameter, twist rate, etc.) If choosing between the two then the M&P. But if you're already going to spend some money on things, might as well pick up a dedicated 22lr upper proper.

Mines loud AF compared to my 10/22 with same sbx barrel

Do you know if they make carrier ?weights for them.
Are you referring to action noise?
I’m not sure about any parts available. I’m assuming adding weight to the bolt assembly would change the action timing and could effect reliability. How long is your barrel ? Mines 16”

Thanks for the informationeverybody, looks like I'll be sticking with the M&P until I decide which dedicated upper to get.