• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22lr pistol recommendations

Ruger MK IV 22/45 Tactical, perfect size and balance for suppressor host. Upgrades to mine: add Dawson Precision F.O. red front sight, Volquartsen accurizing trigger kit, Tandemkross firing pin and "Victory" trigger, SGW extractor (best aftermarket extractor available).

Nelson Custom gun 1911 conversion: The most accurate 1911-style conversion unit. They have threaded ones but haven't run one suppressed myself.

Not sure if someone is making a threaded barrel, but the S&W Model 41 is an excellent pistol. This one has a Clark barrel on it.
IMG_2391.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the s&w 41 is nice, but probably not the best suppressor host without throwing $$$ at an already expensive pistol. As a host my Browning is great, even when its compared to my m41.

Screenshot_20201118-192448_Gallery.jpg

My less then ideal experience with a taurus tx-22...less then 800rds thru it. I stick with my mk3's but definitely would consider a buck mark or s&w victory.

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_192516852.jpg
    IMG_20200502_192516852.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 43
A pic of my first day out with the Victory. It’s the most rounds I’ve ever shot in a day. I finished off the box of Ammo in the pic before I left.
3F559657-0206-4C04-8626-DF31D8B06B88.jpeg

Reactions: brentwinkey
How's it run?
I’ve got roughly 5,000-7,000 through it now without issue. The only thing it won’t run that I’ve found is CCI Quiet, which I didn’t expect it to. The only stoppage I’ve had other than that was one FTE with a Remington Golden bullet.
I have two Ruger Mark 2’s one being a 10” stainless model. They haven’t come out of the safe since I bought the Victory. Recently I shot one mag out of a Mark 4 with an RDS (which my Victory now has too). I let a guy at the club shoot a mag through mine as well. I was ready to trade back after one mag.

0E307EFA-D5E2-4297-A326-0C3AF4077198.jpeg

I wanted better accuracy and a better trigger on my Mark II so I had Clark custom guns build this one with a Douglas match barrel and their steel trigger set at 2lbs. They guarantee 10-shots at 50yds in 1.5”. I sold my S&W 7” 41 after shooting it.

I have a pardini SP bullseye that I like to shoot. It now sports an Ultra Dot. It’s way more accurate than I am and it feels like cheating. Wonderful pistol and incredibly reliable.

Attachments

• D3B967AD-B665-4582-A76A-1F3CD9B85740.jpeg
    D3B967AD-B665-4582-A76A-1F3CD9B85740.jpeg
    697.5 KB · Views: 73
I have the Volquartsen offering for its supreme reliability, superb accuracy and its unique versatility.
Want to hang a weapons light on it, it's there. Scope? No problem. Suppressor....not an issue. Muzzle brake, any one you want.
The gun routinely shoots 1/4 inch at 25 yards with relative ease.

9lTojTz.jpg
Best .22 pistols made I love my scorpion 🦂

1609126968367.jpeg

Any love for a 617? I have a buckmark and beretta neos as well. The 617 out shoots both of them off bags.

Not a good suppressor host but a fine handgun nonetheless....

I ended up with a Ruger MK IV 22/45 tactical. Found one in a local gun shop for a good price. Put 400 rounds through it in my first outing with it. Very happy with it and look forward to my suppressor when it comes in!

I ordered a couple more mags, charging ring, and grips. Will put an optic on it eventually.

Here's a pic of my current 22 rimfire pistols.
Pardini SP Bullseye on top with Dick Horton custom grip.
Volquartsen Scorpion in the middle and the only one that can accept a suppressor.
Volquartsen Masters on the bottom with a Mark III frame.
The Pardini is by far the most accurate.
PardiniScorpionMasters.jpg

Here's a pic of my current 22 rimfire pistols.
Pardini SP Bullseye on top with Dick Horton custom grip.
Volquartsen Scorpion in the middle and the only one that can accept a suppressor.
Volquartsen Masters on the bottom with a Mark III frame.
The Pardini is by far the most accurate.
View attachment 7513777

I have been thinking about getting those grips. Are they an improvement other than having a more American grip angle? Nice collection. My pardini is by far the most accurate 22 I have ever shot and that includes a Baikal IZH35 and a Benelli World Cup. Great collection of 22 Lr pistols.

Doc, as you can see, Dick’s grip is based on a 1911 style.
I love both the feel and looks of the grip.
you send Dick a Xerox copy of your shooting hand and he will create a grip for you that fits like a glove.
the factory grip angle hurt my wrist while Dick’s does not.
Oops, accidentally deleted the pic, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorwho1138
S&W Victory, Performance Center w/carbon fiber barrel, TK trigger. The light weight barrel is no bueno for Bullseye for me, not enough weight. A can on it would help. No cans here in Illinois. I also have a venom on it now. The muzzle break is removable by hand.
I'd part with it if someone was interested.
20180703_161024.jpg

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
S&W Victory, Performance Center w/carbon fiber barrel, TK trigger. The light weight barrel is no bueno for Bullseye for me, not enough weight. A can on it would help. No cans here in Illinois. I also have a venom on it now. The muzzle break is removable by hand.
I'd part with it if someone was interested.View attachment 7514438

How the s&w victorys run? Run pretty much any decent 22lr ammo?

Reactions: BKSSNIPER

It can be finicky. Last time I shot it with Federal Auto match I had some hiccups. CCI SV is decent. 711b is ok too if I remember right. Which is strange because I think Automatch is pretty much the rejected 711b.
Its a backup for my Model 41, which is an oxymoron because I've never needed a backup for it. Ive also used it for new shooters that have trouble with iron sights.

It can be finicky. Last time I shot it with Federal Auto match I had some hiccups. CCI SV is decent. 711b is ok too if I remember right. Which is strange because I think Automatch is pretty much the rejected 711b.
Its a backup for my Model 41, which is an oxymoron because I've never needed a backup for it. Ive also used it for new shooters that have trouble with iron sights.

Always been a Ruger mk3 guy myself. Looking for something different. Had a taurus tx-22 for a bit but it broke and I dumped it as soon as it returned from warranty. Have a beretta m9a1 fsr on its way now. Give that a try wanting something with more then 10rds. Love shooting 22lr handguns

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_192511151.jpg
    IMG_20200502_192511151.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 30
My older Ruger 22/45 with the bolt polished and a volquartzen trigger is close to the Model 41, close but not equal. Way less finicky, if at all, than the PC Victory.

My Victory has run everything I've fed it so far. Mainly I've used Federal Game Shok (or whatever they're calling the cheap blue box this year). I've used automatch with no issues, also CCI mini-mags, some old winchester super-x, american eagle, blazer, and whatever else I used to find cheap at the local stores. My kids like it because the weight really soaks up the recoil and makes it really easy for them to hold on target. The grip profile manages to work well for smaller hands and also for my big hands also (not sure how they did that).

I have more 22 pistols than I'll admit to....if I had to keep one it would be my Ruger Mk 4 with tandemkross upgrades. It's only drawback was about a 1000 round break in. Once it got to that point it is a laser.