• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.22LR pistol

Re: .22LR pistol

I have Mark II and like it a lot but I also have both a S&W 2206 4" and a S&W 2214 3". The 2214 will take the 2206/41 mags which I use for practice and use the 8 rounders for carry.

The Ruger Mark II and Mark III make great integrally suppressed pistols in part because the barrel doesn't look suppressed. Elite Irons, AWC, and SRT Arms all make them.

A more classic looking integrally suppressed pistol is the High Standard HD Military Suppressed. You have to find a custom maker to modify a High Standard that you can get off of Gunbroker. These are cool in that they look very classic and were used by the OSS as one of the first suppressed pistols.

Here is an article:
http://www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/OSSPistol.PDF

GSG 1911. It feels, looks and operates like a 1911 (including the quality of it) (which i prefer).

Plus it comes pre-threaded from the factory, so you dont have to fuck around buying a bunch of stuff to tack on your pistol.

For ~350, its a steal.

GSG1911Suppressed3Med.jpg

It's not as bad here in the rimfire forum, we seem to be a pretty laid back group that doesn't mind rehashing the same topics over and over, but elsewhere on the forum, they're a bit less understanding
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GSG 1911. It feels, looks and operates like a 1911 (including the quality of it) (which i prefer).

Plus it comes pre-threaded from the factory, so you dont have to fuck around buying a bunch of stuff to tack on your pistol.

For ~350, its a steal.

</div></div>

Nice rig.

WaltherSuppressorsPistol-1-1.jpg

22calpisols002.jpg
22calpisols006.jpg

ArchsSIG-1.jpg

<span style="color: #000099">1st find a .22 pistol you like almost any semi, some are better than others, or .22 cal conversions for you carry gun. Here are a few .22s that I have used and some conversions that work well suppressed.</span>

Never playeed with the suppressed side of things but I had a Ruger MK2 in Alaska and used one on the FT Wainwright pistol team.

Very accurate pistols, used to shoot Ptarmigan with mine, got to the point I'd leave the 22LR rifle home and just use the pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GSG 1911.

</div></div>

After seeing this little beauty I did some research and should have a spankin' new one by friday. cain't wait. Thanks folks for all the help. cheers, Cheech

I was just about to suggest the P22 by Walther. It's pre threaded and ready for suppressor duty!
laugh.gif
But you allready madeup your mind it seems
smile.gif

Walther is nice and easy. If I had to buy a pistol, that might be the route I would go. But instead, I just sent my Mark II 22/45 stainless in to Liberty to get it chopped a bit, recrowned, threaded, and the rear sight moved back. It works great and is nice and quiet. Was a lot quieter than a P22 with my Buddy's Outback II. Haven't got to try my Kodiak TL on his P22 since he's in Colorado and I just got the can in November.

The PacSols are sweet for the weight but I'm really itching to buy and thread a Walther TPH or a Beretta Bobcat before I get one of those. Then maybe get one of those micro cans from Thompson Machine....

-David
Edgewood, NM

Here's mine. 1911 frame I built with a 2211 kit. Took a while to get it to work right, but man is it good. Currently it has Burris Fastfire II which isn't in the picture. I got it to work very well with federal bulkpack. Only issue I ever seem to have is the occasional ignition failure which is almost always the ammo. (Not enough priming compound in rim or something.)

2211Caspian_1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine. 1911 frame I built with a 2211 kit. Took a while to get it to work right, but man is it good. Currently it has Burris Fastfire II which isn't in the picture. I got it to work very well with federal bulkpack. Only issue I ever seem to have is the occasional ignition failure which is almost always the ammo. (Not enough priming compound in rim or something.)</div></div>And another toy gets added to the wish list...

Nice pistol.

Sal,
That's a beautiful rig. I plan on doing some cosmetic upgrades on the lil'eleven when I get it. I have some petrefied Alaskin? mamouth tusk peices that broke off of a larger peice that I think would make nice grips. or some scrap green Italian marble? oh wait...I have some petrified wood from AZ I bought in a little shop out there, that might be cool.....sorry just thinkin' outloud.

I hear that the GSG 1911 needs new grip bushings to run standard 1911 grips. I'm not sure what is underneath, but it's worth looking into.

It depends, since he's making his own grips, he can just bore the area under the grips a little deeper to accommodate the stock bushings.

Here shee is. Sweet little pistol. Ended up with the "tactical"? version, all black with the rail under the barrel. I thought I wanted the wood grip modle but glad I got this one. The faux supressor is just a solid aluminum tube but it looks cool,lol. Time for a form 1. Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow after my last hunt for the season. Already started on the grips.Goin with the green Italian marble first. Should be different,huh?

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

Well, didn't kill anything but paper today. It was 8 degrees out and windy as hell. I think the damn deer were bed down early. oh well, always next year. Still have spring turkey season to kill something.

Shot the crap out of the li'l'leven though, about 400 rounds all together. I ran Fed bulk copper washed, Rem. bulk gold and Rem. subs. The Feds were crap. Even tried some of my friends, same ammo different lot. Didn't work the action but maybe half the time and would jam alot. Groups were all over the place. Rem bulk shot fine, good groups under 1" at 25 yards LR'd. The subs, surprisingly enough, did the best. About .75" groups. No problems at all with the Rem. ammo. Oh ya, shot some minimags as-well. Did very well with them.

I was surprised the subs even worked the action with a small 5" barrel. but they actually did the best.

The Fed. bulk were the most inconsistent .22's I've ever shot. Lots of duds and some wouldn't even eject. I'll have to measure the rim, I think they're on the small side and inconsistent as well with the charge. They were even crappy in my Rem.597. I'll have to waste them in the savage MKII bolt gun plinking.

All in all it's really one of, if not the, best .22 pistols I've ever shot. I've had a few, Ruger MKI, NEA, Jennings, etc.. The balance is nice even with the faux suppressor on it. It actually is more stable with it, guess it's the extra waight. It was easy to keep on target and rapid fired well. You could definitely toast a squirrel or rabbit several times before it dropped.

I love it, what a blast it is to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here shee is. Sweet little pistol. Ended up with the "tactical"? version, all black with the rail under the barrel. I thought I wanted the wood grip modle but glad I got this one. The faux supressor is just a solid aluminum tube but it looks cool,lol. Time for a form 1. Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow after my last hunt for the season. Already started on the grips.Goin with the green Italian marble first. Should be different,huh?

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg
</div></div>

I picked up the same one for my xmas present.
I put Hogue wrap around grips on mine
Unfortunately in Illinois the Faux supressor is all I can have.

It's actually better than I expected for the price, although they have gone up and are harder to find. My FFL said the distributer had 83 of them at 9am the day he priced it and just less than an hour later when he placed the order they only had 5 left. Glad he called back when he did.

The feel is great. The trigger is crisp with no creep and adjustable at that. It comes with different adjustable sights to suit your siting style/habits. The grip safety has respectable tension, not week and rattly like some 1911 models. The stock grips feel solid in your hand and actually are thicker than others and tapered for a better grip. It has a comfortable, healthy feel to it, stout and confident. Fit and finish is outstanding, even the laser etching is crisp and clear. Even the barrel threads are tight, 80-85% with little to no slop. Real smooth. Best of all it is some of the best, inexpensive fun you can legally have blasting shit to hell. Like I said I love it, glad I got it.

Thanks Alderleet for turning me on to it. It's a great piece of craftsmanship, form and function.

Cheers

Hey, i'm glad you like it. (I figured you would)

Anyway, like i said, the germans have a ace in their sleeve with this one.

Subsonics, with a can, is scary quiet...

IMG_20101009_110720.jpg

Definitely aces, unfortunately now I'm gonna have to look into the rest of the GSG's. They produce some sweet looking peashooters. I wish someone made a .17HMR semi pistol that was reliable. Every one I hear about has problems. But that's a whole 'nother thread.....unless of course that question has been asked already.
wink.gif

Great lookin bunch of pistols in this thread.

Cheers

I just bought 2 GSG 1911 and they are pretty nice pistols even though i havent shot them yet.

your gonna love 'em. I wish I had ordered 2. My dealer is seriously looking at getting one so if he orders one I think I'll have him get me a second. Great little shooter.

gsg 1911 just might be my first pisiol to host my sparow.. I will nead to do more reserch

I think any ruger mark series pistol, either mark i, ii, or iii would make a great .22 pistol for suppression. they're well made, reliable and just fun to shoot. I think a mark iii will have the greatest amount of parts available because its the newest model.

I love my GSG. Lots of fun to shot and I've been pleased from the first moment I held it. Only thing is that I wish I had gotten the tactical version just for sh!ts and giggles ha.

I renege my statement on the GSG-1911

The sear assembly is a absolute bitch to put together. I tore the frame apart to to a trigger job, and the sear components are hell to put back in. A normal 1911 is easy.

Fuck you GSG for making the sear components so damn overcomplicated. Only Germany could screwup the simple browning design up.

:MAD: :extremelymad:

There are these 2 flat components that take up space to the right of the sear, and they are a MAJOR PITA the align properly. Any normal 1911 doesnt have these. I tried without these 2 stupid ass parts, and what do you know, the leafe spring slips over the left side of the sear. These 2 parts were installed to take up space, piss me off, and completely rape a good design

I'm using a bull barrel Ruger Mark II 22/45 with my Liberty Kodiak TL can. They threaded it for me and moved the front sight back. It's quieter with a Gemtch Outback than my buddy's Walther P22, although the Walther is A LOT lighter.

-David
Edgewood, NM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I renege my statement on the GSG-1911

The sear assembly is a absolute bitch to put together. I tore the frame apart to to a trigger job, and the sear components are hell to put back in. A normal 1911 is easy.

Fuck you GSG for making the sear components so damn overcomplicated. Only Germany could screwup the simple browning design up.

There are these 2 flat components that take up space to the right of the sear, and they are a MAJOR PITA the align properly. Any normal 1911 doesnt have these. I tried without these 2 stupid ass parts, and what do you know, the leafe spring slips over the left side of the sear. These 2 parts were installed to take up space, piss me off, and completely rape a good design </div></div>

Sorry to hear that. The "tactical" model I have has a completely adjustable trigger but it is sweet from the factory. Perhaps this was changed in the newer versions.

I really like the looks of the GSG, I have been toying with getting a mosquito with threaded barrel, but this thread is making me consider this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry to hear that. The "tactical" model I have has a completely adjustable trigger but it is sweet from the factory. Perhaps this was changed in the newer versions. </div></div>

Its the bizarre little silver disconnetor. If you pop your slide off, you'll see a silver fang piece on the frame that pokes up when you pull the trigger. That silver chunk has absolutely no purpose whatsoever. I doesnt aid function, clear spent casings, nothing. It sits directly to the right of the sear, and wwhen you remove the sear pin to get to the trigger (god forbid) it falls out.

That sounds like a series 80 firing pin safety. There should be a little button on the underside of the slide that mates up to that 'finger' coming out of the frame.
Anyway, here's mine. Marvel Commander top end with threaded barrel on a Caspian frame that I built for it. Gemtech Outback II
IMG00338-20110201-1634.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I renege my statement on the GSG-1911

There are these 2 flat components that take up space to the right of the sear, and they are a MAJOR PITA the align properly. Any normal 1911 doesnt have these. I tried without these 2 stupid ass parts, and what do you know, the leafe spring slips over the left side of the sear. These 2 parts were installed to take up space, piss me off, and completely rape a good design </div></div>
As SSSamurai mentioned it's a model 80 1911 which just about all 1911's from 1983 on have. It's a safety feature to keep the gun from firing if accidentally dropped. I believe you can actually thank Colt for those pain in the asses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need opinions on best .22pistol for supression. What's your choice and why? </div></div>

I'd like to add a vote for the Ruger Mark II. I have the stainless steel target version, and it is incredibly accurate and reliable. I shot it in the NRA/Winchester Marksmanship Program and went all the way to "Distinguished Expert" with it. A version of it has been used by the Navy Seals, and I believe that particular military model has integral suppression. Many people prefer the Mark II to the newer Mark III.