• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.22LR Savage Mark II Accuracy Results

VYD

Ambush Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
Houston, TX
I have tested 13 different brands and types of .22LR Match ammo at 50 yards.

I have two winners here, Wolf Match and Eley Target Rifle. Each group is three shots. What can I say, amazing guns straight from the box, excellent accutrigger, accuracy, and ergonomics.

The last group was shot with Federal Gold Medal Target (red box) which also produced excellent results.

I was shooting for a group so disregard the bullseye. It is now zeroed in at 50 yards and ready for a 100, 150, and 200 yards challenge. Just have to wait for a great day to do so. The rifle is topped off with Weaver rings and Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 scope. At this point I doubt that I need an Anschutz...lol.

Thanks.

22LRWolf.jpg

22LREley.jpg

22LRFederal.jpg

Savage.jpg

Re: .22LR Savage Mark II Accuracy Results

The Mark II is a great rifle for the money.

There are no mods. The rifle is bone stock straight from the store.

Very good results from those three .22 ammo's... I don't shoot my MKII FVT near enough, but when I do I agree whole heartedly that they are great rifles. The Accu-Trigger is hard to beat in my opinion. Nice shooting/testing.
smile.gif

Thanks all.

.22LR is a great tool to sharpen one's shooting skills/mechanics. Definitely beneficial before moving up in caliber...

Awesome, can't wait to pick up mine next week (10-day jail). Looks like I need to order some Wolf Match ammo!

Very nice indeed! Have you tried any 5 and 10 shot groups yet?

10 shots, no.
5 shots, yes, it is usually between .25" to .37" at 50 yards if I do my part and if the weather permits.
Gotta love it.

I've been considering a trainer .22lr for a while now and after seeing those groups on an out-of-the box mk II, I'm sold. Should compliment my 10FP nicely. Thanks for the review!

The Mark II is a great .22 for the money. I shot this six shot group with the thumbhole version below at 100yds. It was with CCI standard velocity 40gr, which this rifle favors. (Why a six shot group? because I lost count). I also have a Mark II TR that is a hair less accurate.

img474.jpg

Mark II BWVTS with Bushnell 3-9x
SavageMarkIIBWVTSltside.jpg

Mark II TR with Nikon Monarch 4-16x40 mildot
SavageMarkIITRltside.jpg

I think Dick's has an "Exclusive" model at their store and wanted to get your thoughts on it. It looks like a Mark II TR fluted barrel but with a normal tuperware stock instead of the target stock. 5 rd mag comes with it. Selling for $299. Good deal?

There's a Stainless model with the wooden thumbhole stock for $399 that cycles silky smooth.

Are either of those prices decent?