• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22wmr pics

VFA-147

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
Just finished setting up my new savage 93FV. Going out tomorrow to sight it in!!!

[img:left]http://
34pf2u9.jpg
[/img]

[img:left]http://
28vg9oo.jpg
[/img]

Re: 22wmr pics

Nice! Love the stock.

Is it me or is the scope mounted 90* counter-clockwise? Is the scope resting on the barrel? I don't see any clearance in the pics.

Far out, put some new rings on it AME3.

Just out of curiosity is that a Boyds stock or did it come with the rifle when you purchased it?

Blue heron from a couple years ago. Marlin 883 .22 Mag

gedc0239.jpg

HERONS AND THE LAW
Great Blue Herons are protected by the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. It is illegal to capture, possess, or cause harm to a Great Blue Heron or its nest or eggs.

You are now banned.

Yeah the scope is counter clockwise. I just slapped it in there. If it stops raining today I'll get a chance to go zero it. it'll get straightened out then. As far as clearance it actually has about 2 or 3 32nds. It barely fits. The stock is a boyds. I purchased that here from vux51. Awesome transaction. good deal too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHOOTING A PROTECTED SPECIES OF BIRD THAT DOES NOTHING BUT EAT MINNOWS? </div></div>

I think that was the "man-eating" species.

Pretty sure those are federally protected.
Even sandhills are legally taken (in season) only with shotguns.

As a uneducated obese black women once said on the jerry springer show: " OH NO U DIDN"T "

It does look like a chunk is missing. I didn't see that until you said something. Never the less, it's a nice looking rifle. Have fun with it.

haha its just the foam from the case. funny it does look like its missing. Any how... got a chance to take it out and sight it in. shot about 100 rounds through it, and WOW all the review reading I did paid off. The savage 93 fv is a really sweet rifle. comfortable, very accurate, and lots of fun. Thanks for all the replies!!

Nice rifle. I have a 93 model Savage. Love the performance but hate paying for the ammo! Looks like that will be a excellent trainer. Stock looks great to! Congrats and enjoy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blue heron from a couple years ago. Marlin 883 .22 Mag

gedc0239.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, I have that same rifle! When I got it from my receiving FFL holder, I immediately took it to the indoor range to try it out, and with the scope it came with (4x cheapo), here's my first 11 shots at 25 yrds. (my version of the blue heron):

22magnumbolttarget.jpg

It's the only bolt I've ever shot; I think I'll keep it!

Glad to hear you guys are liking yours. I had a chance to pick one up new at a great deal a few weeks back, but I passed it up. I'm really regretting it now.

I've been looking for a nice bolt action 22. Something like this would fit the bill perfectly. I'm going to have to do some digging into these.

Very nice looking rifle. Thanks for sharing.

I bought a second one, I liked the first so much. First ran about $285 plus S/H and plus FFL fee, used. Second used one I got for a lot less, $215?, but it just "feels" like it has a looser action than the first (? has been shot a lot more); it's still fine for hunting, plinking, and teaching a youngster to shoot/hunt, but never having dealt with bolts much, I don't know if this means it needs adjustment or is about to crap out on me or what. I saw another recently at a gun show for $185, but I didn't check the condition. So just look it over carefully, is what I'm saying, if you go to buy one. And they made the same rifle with a detachable magazine, too, not just with the tubular magazine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blue heron from a couple years ago. Marlin 883 .22 Mag

gedc0239.jpg
</div></div>

That's fucked up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's fucked up </div></div>

And illegal, and posted on a site I'm sure is watched. Tick... tick.... tick... tick... clock's started. WTF would some one shoot a blue heron for, anyway?

1911fan