• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

24 Hours & Ten Cops Shot In America

Slapchop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2009
New York
Reading through the various news outlets, I counted 6 cops shot this day (Jan 23, 2011)

Two LEOs shot inside a Walmart in Washington State
Four LEOs shot inside a station house in Detroit
One LEO shot on a traffic stop in Indiana

Prayers for a speedy recovery to all.

Edit: Three shot (two killed) in St. Petersburg Fl.

Re: Bad Day For Law Enforcement

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reading through the various news outlets, I counted 6 cops shot this day (Jan 23, 2011)

Two LEOs shot inside a Walmart in Washington State
Three LEOs shot inside a station house in Detroit
One LEO shot on a traffic stop in Indiana

Prayers for a speedy recovery to all. </div></div>

4 in Detriot

Seems to be too common these days. Prayers for a fast recovery.

Not good. I hope that as many as possible survive and recover.

I hope they recovered faster.... Cops in the USA are a real warranty for people.... they are always present..
I came several time in the USA... often in NY, I always feel safe..

Edit: Officer in DFW (Mesquite) in critical hit by drunk driver on traffic stop today; prayers to all involved.

It is a sad day Slap, prayers to all for speedy recovery and wellness.

Another 3 shot TODAY. This morning in St. Petersburg Florida. 2 SPPD officers and 1 US Marshall shot while attempting to serve a warrant.

Yup and just a few days ago 2 were killed here in South Florida serving a murder warrant. They killed the suspect as well.

Two of the three shot this morning in Fl have passed away.

Prayers to all involved and their families.

Prayers and thoughts go out to all the LEO's involved in these critical incidents....Not even a full month into the new year and so many LE lives taken...

And those are just the ones that made national news.

Lets face it guys, things are going to change in America's gun laws, and its probrably going to start soon. the Feds will feel they HAVE to do something.

My guess is it will start with an innouous enough..."We dont want to TAKE your guns, we just want to KNOW WHERE THEY ALL ARE, so you have until such and such a date to bring them all down and REGISTER them". After that date they(unregistered ones) will be considered contraband, and when found, seized and the possesor does 5 years or so.

All dealers will have to make known all their books. Once everything is accounted for, they own you.

dont want to sound :Doom or Gloom", but Im guessing thats whats in store.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And those are just the ones that made national news.

Lets face it guys, things are going to change in America's gun laws, and its probrably going to start soon. the Feds will feel they HAVE to do something.

My guess is it will start with an innouous enough..."We dont want to TAKE your guns, we just want to KNOW WHERE THEY ALL ARE, so you have until such and such a date to bring them all down and REGISTER them". After that date they(unregistered ones) will be considered contraband, and when found, seized and the possesor does 5 years or so.

All dealers will have to make known all their books. Once everything is accounted for, they own you.

dont want to sound :Doom or Gloom", but Im guessing thats whats in store. </div></div>

Let's hope not. This coming from someone who had a friend shot yesterday.

Worst part is reading some of the readers' comments after some of those news stories... apparently, if our gun laws were more strict we could avoid all this. Or they'll talk about how the officer(s) deserved it because they surely violated the guy's rights and other BS like that.

The ones who died, died heroes. Prayers for the families and for the ones who are recovering.

And nobody talks about banning idiots driving cars...

Anyone hear of having to insert your license into a machine in order to start your car?

Or how about the judge taking the license AND the keys after sentencing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And nobody talks about banning idiots driving cars...

Anyone hear of having to insert your license into a machine in order to start your car?

Or how about the judge taking the license AND the keys after sentencing?

</div></div>

Amen

Wasn't there a militia unit called Hitio or Hontiro that vowed to kill a bunch of cops all around the country in the matter of a day or so?

Prayers for all our LE out there, and just a reminder they are not there for our protection. They do try their best to get rid of criminals and make the streets safer. As far as your personal safety goes you are the one in charge of that, and Armed Citizens are a great asset to LE. It all comes back to doing your part. Whether that is calling the PD with info or stopping a robbery, do what you can if the opportunity presents it's self. If you see a Cop trying to move a piece of furniture off the road stop and give him a hand. Let these guys know that you appreciate what they do. It's not often that they hear thanks because they mostly deal with scum or pissed off people. God Bless our LE and as Always our Brothers in Harms way

Re: 24 Hours & Ten Cops Shot In America

This is from the "Wal-mart in WA state" shooting.
One officer discharged the other still in the hospital - expected to make a full recovery.

Thank god. - hit in the shoulder. Suspect and 13 year old runaway DOA.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyyIuEEtEow&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyyIuEEtEow&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Saw this on the news tonight, followed by a "readily accessibility of firearms is said to be the blame".

Like guns have just became readily available...

I say, cops watch your backs. Mofo's are crazy out there, keep aware.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And those are just the ones that made national news.

dont want to sound :Doom or Gloom", but Im guessing thats whats in store.</div></div>

Goldie, sounds to me like you want the US to be Canada. Not a problem, we'll buy you.... but you REALLY don't want us to. Don't follow us, we ain't leading much of anything except FAILURE.

I did some quick research on the following page, and noted that 9 LEO's were killed by gunfire so far in Jan 2011, for a rate of .36/day.
http://www.odmp.org/search.php?searching=1&yearfrom=2011&yearto=2011&cause=19

For all of 2010, 59 were killed, for an average of 4.91/month, or .16/day.
http://www.odmp.org/search.php?searching=1&yearfrom=2010&yearto=2010&cause=19

I don't have time to see if the January's sample size is statistically significant, but it's obvious that the rate so far in the first 25 days of Jan is over twice the overall 2010 rate. Going back a bit further, the daily rates are as follows (accidentals are included):

2011: 0.36/day
2010: 0.16
2009: 0.12
2008: 0.10
2007: 0.18
2006: 0.13

Definitely a disturbing trend.

Wow... Kind of a sad thing to say about our society. No real consequences for people anymore. LE or Civi doesnt matter, we all have the right to live life without fear. I would imagine a few televised executions using old "SPARKY" would drive that sentiment home. But alas, only wishful thinking, we have let the nannys rule the roost.

Ref ArcticLight's audio post...
I've been on duty and heard live about 5 different OIS's and this one put chills down my spine. You hear one officer check enroute and take up about 7 seconds of vital radio time talking about he's going to respond which pisses me off greatly. If officers are in trouble, you don't waste radio time telling dispatch you're enroute... you just go. If shots are fired, everyone already knows you're going. Not trying to armchair QB the guy... just always hated that sort of thing. Either way, this has been a sad couple of days for LE.

Phylodog...sorry to hear about your friend...I just read abou the Indianapolis shootings. It's a shame and a sad day to read about so many fellow LEO's being involved in these tragic acts of violence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And those are just the ones that made national news.

dont want to sound :Doom or Gloom", but Im guessing thats whats in store.</div></div>

Goldie, sounds to me like you want the US to be Canada. Not a problem, we'll buy you.... but you REALLY don't want us to. Don't follow us, we ain't leading much of anything except FAILURE. </div></div>

Sean, I dont want us to become like Canada, but if this slaughter by civilians doesnt stop, and I see no indication that it will, I FEAR that we will loose our freedoms. sorry, didnt mean to confuse.

Maybe it's time for civilians to take out civilians in the act...

Meaning more people need to carry, maybe someone can stop something like this from happening...

The people doing the shooting are not good guys.

"There's nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot."-Dirty Harry

Just to clarify from Phylodog's other thread, his friend Officer David Moore also shot on that Sunday was declared legally dead this am @ 6:30 (Wednesday) and organs being used for transplant. May all RIP, and prayers to the families involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and organs being used for transplant. May all RIP, and prayers to the families involved.
</div></div>

Sad to hear of your friend, P-dawg. At least his sacrifice is not in vain. Prayes to the recipients as well. May you treasure your gift. Live long an prosper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and organs being used for transplant. May all RIP, and prayers to the families involved.
</div></div>

Sad to hear of your friend, P-dawg. At least his sacrifice is not in vain. Prayes to the recipients as well. May you treasure your gift. Live long an prosper. </div></div>

What a tragedy
frown.gif
rest in peace.