• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

243 AI 75gr V-Max load data

QRE23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Wa.
Title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for some load data for a 243 AI with 75 V-Max. I'll be using 210m primers and would prefer to use H414 because I have lots of both.

I would consider using 70 blitzkings also if anyone has any personal favorites.

Thanks for any and all help.

Re: 243 AI 75gr V-Max load data

I have 300 rnds of lapua brass in fact it's the only reason I went with the 243ai, because I could get 243 lapua brass. Mine is being setup to shoot lighter bullets so it's getting a Lilja 1-12 3 groove.

I understand the 75 V-Max is pretty amazing on yotes and chucks and I have 1000 75 vmax's and 4lbs of H414 so i'm looking for load data using those.

samson, I shoot the 75gr V-Max in my 243AI for varmint hunting. I've tried W760, which is nearly identical to H414, and couldn't get great accuracy with it. I didn't run the entire range of charge weights, but focused on 47-48.5 gr, with the 48.5 load pushing them 3683fps. Best group I got was 0.43". I also tried it in my 7-08 and although I could get some good accuracy, it was very temp sensitive and unpredictable. You may have different results though.

What I ended up settling on was Varget. Here is the exact load I settled on: 44.5gr of Varget, 75gr V-Max seated 0.010" off the lands, Win LR primers, and Lapua brass. This load gives me a velocity of 3747fps, SD at 6 and groups at or under 0.25" (100yds). This load is much more consistent over temp and has a wider range of stability. Hope this helps.

Craigp40, thanks for the info I will write in down in my book. I thought Varget would be a little on the fast side but obviously it isn't if you had good results.

Another powder option I was thinking of was H4350 it is a tad bit slower than H414 but isn't temp sensative. I have a bunch of H414 so i'm hoping there is someone here that has a sweet 414 load. If not i'll get some Varget or H4350 if those 2 turn out to be good choices.

Anyone else have any 75vmax or 70 Sierra pet loads?????

I thought the same thing with Varget, but figured I would give it a try. Ended pretty well... I don't think it would be the ideal for the heavies (105 - 115 bullets). I never did get a chance to try H4350, but I think it would shine with the heavier bullets. I plan to go with H4350 when I change barrels for a faster twist. Right now, I've got a 14 twist which limits me to the 75's.