• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 ai ladder test help

clinto

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
Lubbock, TX
After about 6 months off from shooting, I am about to start load development for a 243ai. I was wanting to start a ladder test with h1000 and 115 dtacs.

Anyone with experience care to suggest what charge weights I should start and end the ladder test with?

Thanks for the help

Re: 243 ai ladder test help

H-1000 is what the guy's that shoot the 6 C.M. (Competition Match) are shooting. They are getting 3150 fps with the D-Tacs and very good barrel life. As long as they've left enough neck on the A.I. it should do well. The C.M. has a 31 deg shoulder vs 40 on the A.I.

How long are their barrels and how long is the op's barrel. Im certainly curious, I have h1000 and kind of wonder how it will work.

In my standard .243 I just barely started to see pressure at 46.2 grains of H1000. I don't have a chronograph, but the dope indicated a little over 2900 fps. This is out of a 24" Rock barrel fairly close to sea level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long are their barrels and how long is the op's barrel. Im certainly curious, I have h1000 and kind of wonder how it will work. </div></div>

They are running 26" Kreigers with the 6 C.M.