• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

243 factory ammo

floridabuck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2011
Lake Butler Florida
I realize every rifle barrel has it's preferences but is their a good factory 243 offering suitable for mid range 4-800 yrd shooting?

I'm seriously considering a GAP Templar in .243 a gentleman has for sale but am curious about ammo selection.

I highly recommend copper creek. There 105 gr bergers shoot amazing.

Agree. CCCC makes some awesome ammo. Prices very competitive, and they will tweak the loads at your request if you purchase a min amount (~200 rounds??). Email them. They are very responsive and knowledgable.

Top predator here on the hide has a fair amount of experience with the 1:9.25 so he might correct me but the 105 amax's seem to run well if you push them, but that might take reloading. The vld/scenar bullets over 100 are not gonna stabilize well, or at least so berger and lapua claim. So stick with the sub 100 in those bullet types.

I'll be doing some testing with h1000 and 105 amax's later this week and would be happy to report back what I found. Next time I see some 105 hybrids I'll buy a box for testing as well.

Remember that the hybrid does cost an additional 50% per bullet for a 10% BC increase. Obviously that's a decent increase on BC but may not be worth the cost/effort depending on your goal and range