• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 25-06 AI is a success!

cruizer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
NM
yote.jpg

Went out today and called in another lone dog!
Rifle is a Ruger M77 in 25-06 that was reamed to Ackley running a 87gr hollow point over 61grs of R-19. It shoots really good and flat.

I think this gun will be a keeper!

Re: 25-06 AI is a success!

Nice, I'm building a flyweight 25-06AI right now, it's gonna be one hell of a killing rifle.

What barrel length you runnin, have you chrono'd the 87's yet?

Heard this was a flat shooting cartridge, what kind of velocities are we talking after the AI improvement?

havnt chronoed it yet but I think I am around 3700-3750, primers look real good. I think with the 87gr bullet I can break 3800 safely. The load I am shooting shoots rea well so may not try to get anymore velocity.

Nice job! I wish I could call in and shoot yotes dressed like that around here. That's not happening unless you are deer hunting in a box stand and one happens to come by.

got another today while checking water. made a quick set and this lone male came in to about 100yds.
this rifle is like a laser!

DSCF3836.jpg

I should have snapped a pic of the other side. about a 6-8" exit hole

nice

the 25-06ai is on my short list.

have you tried the 80g ttsx?