• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 25-06 Projectiles

XOK-DESIGN

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Australia, Griffith
Hi all
what projectiles do you suggest for shooting small/medium sized game with the 25-06 I mainly go after foxes, feral goats, kangaroos and pigs.

Re: 25-06 Projectiles

The 115 gr. Berger VLDs work well for me. If you wish to keep the hide on the foxes though, you probably ought to go with something else as the exit wound will probably be pretty big.

117 sierra bt. Kills stuff quick.
Unless you want the hide.

115 gr Nosler B.T. shoots pretty good with H4831SC. Good Velocity and accuracyfor Med sized game. 100 gr Nosler Partions work well on med game. 85 gr B.T. on small game or 75 gr V-Max shot pretty good also. They blow the Hell out of whatever you hit though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 115 gr. Berger VLDs work well for me. If you wish to keep the hide on the foxes though, you probably ought to go with something else as the exit wound will probably be pretty big. </div></div>

+1. The more I use them in my 25/06 AI the more I am impressed with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dsink</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 115 gr. Berger VLDs work well for me. If you wish to keep the hide on the foxes though, you probably ought to go with something else as the exit wound will probably be pretty big. </div></div>

+1. The more I use them in my 25/06 AI the more I am impressed with them. </div></div>

I run the 87gr speer tnt in my 25-06AI. I push it pretty hard. the bullet raely exits coyotes and the never run off. bang flop.

110 accubonds, 115 berger vld's and 120 gr PEP's in winchester factory ammo are the bomb find out what shoots beat in your gun u will be pleased with results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XOK-DESIGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would the 115 gr. Berger open up properly on something as lite as a goat? </div></div>

They will....I've killed quite a few antelope with that bullet and it works very well.

+ 1 on the barnes!

the 100 gr pill acts so much bigger shoots through things and they leave a good blood trail IF the run any.. shot a antelope at 451 yds with it and the doe ran off over a ridge, got there and it looked like some one had painted the ground red with every step that doe took. Well she only went 40 yds and she ran out of blood, shot her right through the heart.

Loaded the berger last year for antelope and 5 of us shot 2 goats apiece all using the 115 gr pill. Results were we all had goats, but the bergers never acted the same on any animal. some shot through at 200 yrds, some didn't, shot one running off at 300 and it went all the way through. The best that it worked was 100 yds or so. it would just blow up inside the animal and drt like i though they all would... just didn't seem consistant. i didn't like the some times it did this or some times it did that. Loaded back up with the barnes..... consistant..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XOK-DESIGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all
what projectiles do you suggest for shooting small/medium sized game with the 25-06 I mainly go after foxes, feral goats, kangaroos and pigs. </div></div>

Foxes, goats, and pigs okay...but fucking kangaroos!! Thats what Imm talking about! Stuff one of them and use it to fuck with your inlaws when they come over!! Hahahaa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XOK-DESIGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all
what projectiles do you suggest for shooting small/medium sized game with the 25-06 I mainly go after foxes, feral goats, kangaroos and pigs. </div></div>

Foxes, goats, and pigs okay...but fucking kangaroos!! Thats what Imm talking about! Stuff one of them and use it to fuck with your inlaws when they come over!! Hahahaa </div></div>

don't know that I could be bothered stuffing a Roo but I did skin one a few years back. Thanks again for all the input everyone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruizer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">87gr speer TNT work good for coyotes </div></div>

That what I've been loading in a 25WSSM, just a short fat version of the 06

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">100g TTSX, .5 under max load of IMR4350 in my Sako AV shoots on ragged hole at 100 yards and deer and hogs are highly allergic to these little copper pills. </div></div>

How big are the hogs you are shooting? and what sort of mushroom do those projectiles produce? I'm going to go bust some bacon in a month or two.

300lbs is a good sized pig
have yet to recover one
in all honesty, I usually run my WC 6.8 with 95g Barnes TTSX for hogs...

it works
hogjan9jpg.jpg

Nice pig. I'm trying the track down some 100gr TTSX in Australia but my to closest gun shops don't have any and the Australian importer don't have any (they suck hard). Anyway apparently there is a new shipment due in a few weeks so hopefully ill be able to get onto some soon enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XOK-DESIGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where? I cant find it. (don't know my way around that site) </div></div>

I can't find the article on the site either. I get the magazine and read it there.