• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2500 yard ranges in colorado?

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    I have a range where i live works great able to get to 2000 yards but me and my buddies want to stretch it out a bit for fun is there any ranges that offer those distances 2500 yards plus?

Do you have access to 2k any time or is it one of those you can only do it if you're the only one there kinda deals?
    We have 1 day that is dedicated just for long range. But yes if someone is there cant shoot past 900 but if you show up early alot of times can shoot whatever distance

We have 1 day that is dedicated just for long range. But yes if someone is there cant shoot past 900 but if you show up early alot of times can shoot whatever distance

One day a week? A month? Thinking about joining if it's easy access to 2k yds. I'd have to drive at least as long to find BLM in the mountains to reach that far.

The gongs will be at 1960ish i believe and have to shoot at a rock to get 2000. But from the 1000 yard bench line you can shoot from 1000 1400 out to 1690. Then move back on benches to go farther

Reactions: LawnMM
    There was a nice range west of hotchkiss called stengel's gunshop. Its 5 miles or so west of town on 92, North side. I know hes got at least a mile and I'd imagine it goes further. I havent been there in about 3 years. The old guy running the place was in poor health back than. So im not even sure it's still open.

Deano

Reactions: LawnMM
    One day a week? A month? Thinking about joining if it's easy access to 2k yds. I'd have to drive at least as long to find BLM in the mountains to reach that far.
    Did you ever join the shooting range?

Rebel Ridge in SW KS is great. Have been out there several times. Targets set up out to a mile and a half, and can go further if you coordinate with him.

Rebel Ridge in SW KS is great. Have been out there several times. Targets set up out to a mile and a half, and can go further if you coordinate with him.

Yes, Matt is a great guy. I'm commenting so folks know that when you shoot at Rebel Ridge, you rent the whole range for the crew you bring. This makes it a bit pricey but the cost is manageable and this makes an ELR range safer. It's on you and your crew to protect each other. I'm always a bit concerned when I go to a public range because I always see one or more yahoos that were not properly trained.

Reactions: TheOso
    Yes, Matt is a great guy. I'm commenting so folks know that when you shoot at Rebel Ridge, you rent the whole range for the crew you bring. This makes it a bit pricey but the cost is manageable and this makes an ELR range safer. It's on you and your crew to protect each other. I'm always a bit concerned when I go to a public range because I always see one or more yahoos that were not properly trained.
    How much is it to rent out?