• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yes and no.

I leave my Sightrons at 35X despite the mirage. Some don't like seeing through heavy mirage and will dial down.

SO, many F class shooters will vary their mag depending on the range conditions.

Just did some testing and the only scope not used was a SIII6-24 scope. Worked just fine at 1000yds at 24X

Jerry

no you dont. I shoot a 3-24x42 and it works great. 24x without mirage, 14-20 with mirage. have shot some of my best scores during heavy mirage at13-14x. reticle choice is important to be able to shoot well at low power

more than 25x is personal preference

^^^ Yes! more than 25 is personal choice, however most all the top shooters are going higher on their scope magnification. It's all about seeing the exact spot on the target you want your bullet to hit. ie; is it three inches left or five inches left? could be the difference between a 10 and a 9. but if you are good a determining measurement on paper at that distance then you won't need that higher power. I started out using a 14 power for a couple years, then went to a 20 and now at a 32. I'm sorry,but, I ain't putting out any more money on a higher power scope. Im done!

Very high mag scopes are certainly sitting on a variety of rifles. Kind of a win win really.

When conditions allow, you have the option for extremely precise aim which can get you that X.......

Either on your target or the ones BESIDE YOU :)

YMMV.

Jerry

Bill-

I'm running a Nightforce comp on my 6mmCreedmoor F rifle. The scope is sitting on a 20 MOA rail and nestled in Nightforce rings. I have no problem getting a zero for 100 or 1000. Scores with this set up are at top end of Master classification. This was my first season shooting F-class and I'm hooked.

Keith