• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

26 Nosler???

I think it's good for the audience it's marketed to. It's going to be a flat shooter and appreciated by hunters and casual shooter, but the enthusiast will not benefit from this cartridge. Long range hunters will be better off with more energy being delivered down range, and it will likely be a barrel-burner for sure. Likely to require a long barrel to burn all that powder from such a small bore. I don't see what advantage it really offers over a 7mm Rem Mag aside from slightly better trajectory for similar sized game but could that offset ammo availability/brass etc? Who knows...

It should've been a 7.
That case and the proposed 195 7mm Berger would be a nice combination.

+1 Completely OVERBORE by any standard...

So, barrels are a consumable item..

The Navy gets around 1k rounds out of a MK 13 before rebarreling it.

If the round performs...barrels can be replaced.

I have two friends with long barreled big magnum 6.5's that are able to get 140's going almost 3500 fps. The throats got torched within a very short time, less than 500 rounds. Not only that but bullets started blowing up.

My long barreled 6.5 Saum was sending 140 hybrids at 3225 fps and a few bullets didn't make it to the target so I had to back it down to 3125 fps with no problems anymore.

My only other comment would be to find a really tough bullet!!!

So, barrels are a consumable item..

The Navy gets around 1k rounds out of a MK 13 before rebarreling it.

If the round performs...barrels can be replaced.

More towards 1500-2000. But either way government cheese is free.

When a thing starts life as a lie, don't expect much from it.
Nosler tells us that it has more velocity at 400 yards, than the 260 does at the muzzle. A quick glance at Nosler's reloading manual shows that to be B.S.
Now compare the 260 with the same new magic bullet.....

Try a thing because it's different, not because you were told to.
If you just want speed and ubber-magic. I've got a Large shank Savage barrel in 6.5*300 WSM for sale....