• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

260 Brass

Re: 260 Brass

To be honest I haven't used them yet. I am switching from nosler. The nosler was very consistent. Although i could only get three loading out of them before I started loosing primer pockets. Mild load also. A buddy gave me 5 pieces of Remington to work up a load. Loaded them 6 times and got the same group. I had to bump the powder up a grain to achieve the same group as nosler. Those 5 pieces were consistent. Hope this helps.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't think the lapua is going to give me too many loadings. And at almost $1 a piece thats expensive.

I have a ton of Nosler and Remington. The Rem. is pretty good and I have annealed both with very good results. Very consistent neck tension, so far I have about 6 loadings thru the Nosler and 4 thru the Rem. I use Forster dies that were custom honed. I don't think I will buy any lapua any time soon. BTW I load with H 4350 41.4gr. 142gr SMK But not for long...

I think that as long as you stay away from seriously warmer loads, the Remington's primer pockets will hold up quite well.

I only recently bought my first Lapua brass, some 6mm BR Norma stuff. At first (and any other) glance, it appears to have the same quality as fine jewelry.

While I can take or leave such cosmetic advantages, my reloading guru (STP) suggested very strongly that the Lapua's primer pocket size and flash hole diameter gave it a marked advantage over the Remington 7mm Br that was retailing for the exact same price at Midway last week. We (or actually, he...) will be resizing it to 30BR for an upcoming FV200/250 project this Spring. It's danged good to have friends...

Greg

Switched out all my Remington 260, to necked down Win 7-08,much more consistent in everyway,3/4 firings on 500rds of brass for 3 guns over the last 3 months and not one loose pocket yet. The Remington I would be throwing a third to half out in that time period. The load is 42.5 of H-4350,210M and each gun has its favorite bullet and OAL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dwt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switched out all my Remington 260, to necked down Win 7-08,much more consistent in everyway,3/4 firings on 500rds of brass for 3 guns over the last 3 months and not one loose pocket yet. The Remington I would be throwing a third to half out in that time period. The load is 42.5 of H-4350,210M and each gun has its favorite bullet and OAL. </div></div>
Just watch for a donut after 2-3 firings. If you seat deeper past the neck/shoulder junction, you will have to fix it. That's the only draw back to using 7mm-08 brass.

The best accuracy I've had is with minimally prepped once fired Rem brass - I just F/L sized it and chamfered the case mouth. I've got 200 Lapua cases that have been through about 3 times and about 50% have sloppy primer pockets.

I F/L resize Remington and ream the flash holes. That's it.

I have also resized .243 and 7-08 Win brass. Never had any symptoms indicating donuts. My resizing process only resizes the end 1/3 to 1/2 of the neck length. All my chambers are SAAMI spec.

Greg

I have been using Rem brass with good results. I also necked up a bunch of Win 243 brass that is working well. I have to bump the load a bit as it has higher capacity.

I'm getting to the 3/4 times now on some of my 7-08 Win,still no sign of any problems at all ?